This article will discuss all the things you need to know about ShortPoint Generator, including what it is and why you may need to use it.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before We Begin
- What is the ShortPoint Generator?
- What is the main purpose of the ShortPoint Generator?
- Using the ShortPoint Generator
Before We Begin
What is the ShortPoint Generator?
ShortPoint Generator is one of the tools found in ShortPoint Dashboard. It allows you to create custom elements so that they appear in the Page Builder along with other ShortPoint elements. It is also used to create footers.
In addition, ShortPoint Generator allows you to edit your customized Design Element or footer in one place, removing the need to edit elements one by one. The edits you have made using ShortPoint Generator will be inherited by all the pages you have added your Design element or footer to.
What is the main purpose of the ShortPoint Generator?
The idea behind ShortPoint Generator is to create a custom element or a group of elements that you can reuse on different pages of your site collection. After the element is ready, it appears in the Page Builder like this:
You can insert it into your page with just a few clicks instead of re-creating the element from scratch.
Another use for ShortPoint Generator is the creation of customized footers. Instead of the Page Builder, however, you will need to use the Theme Builder to insert your customized footer.
Using the ShortPoint Generator
Now that you know what a ShortPoint Generator is and why you may need to use it, it is now time to learn how to create one. We've listed below support articles you can check out to create your very first customized Design Element and Footer.
- To create a customized design element using ShortPoint Generator, check out ShortPoint Generator Basic Tutorial Part 1: Creating Generated Content.
- To create a customized footer, check out Getting Started with ShortPoint Footer for SharePoint or Part 1: Create the Footer from ShortPoint Generator Page.
- ShortPoint Generator Basic Tutorial Part 1: Creating Generated Content
- ShortPoint Generator Basic Tutorial. Part 2: Using Generated Content on Pages
- Getting Started with ShortPoint Footer for SharePoint
- Part 1: Create the Footer from ShortPoint Generator Page
- Part 2: Add the Footer to SharePoint