This guide will teach you how to add your custom footer to your SharePoint Site. Make sure you have accomplished Part 1: Create the Footer from ShortPoint Generator Page before proceeding.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before We Begin
- Step-by-step Tutorial
Before We Begin
- Here are the installation guides for Office 365, SharePoint 2019, and SharePoint 2013/2016).
- You need to accomplish Part 1:Create the Footer from ShortPoint Generator Page before you can continue with this guide. To use ShortPoint Generator, make sure that you have ShortPoint installed.
If you are using SharePoint 2013, 2016, or have ShortPoint SPFx version 7, the interface will be slightly different but will have the same features.
Step 1: Open ShortPoint Theme Builder
Go to the site where you want to add your custom footer and click the cogwheel icon.
From the drop-down, select Site contents.
Click ShortPoint Dashboard.
From the ShortPoint Dashboard, click Theme Builder.
Click Customize my site to open Theme Builder.
Step 2: Add your Custom Footer
Select Footer from the Theme Builder.
Then, select General Layout.
Under Select Footer, click the name of the custom footer you created in Part 1.
NOTE: Only the custom footers you created using ShortPoint Generator will appear in the select footer drop-down. The custom design elements you created can only be added through Page Builder.
Upon selection, the selected footer will appear on your site.
Step 3: Customize your Footer
Apply your desired customizations on the Footer element. You may choose its background color and even specify how you want the footer to appear on your site.
Step 4: Publish your Custom Footer
Once you are satisfied with your footer, hit the Publish button.
Congratulations, you can now enjoy your awesome footer!
Now that you know how to create and add a footer to your SharePoint site, you can now learn more about different footer settings. Check out Part 3: Full Width Footer & Full Width Footer Content.
- Part 1: Create the Footer from ShortPoint Generator Page
- Part 3: Full Width & Full-Width Footer Content
- ShortPoint Generator Basic Tutorial. Part 1: Creating Generated Content
- ShortPoint Generator Basic Tutorial. Part 2: Using Generated Content on Pages