This guide will walk you through how to create a footer using ShortPoint Generator. This is the first of our three-part ShortPoint Generator guide.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before We Begin
- Step-by-step Tutorial
Before We Begin
- To use ShortPoint Generator, make sure that you have ShortPoint installed. (Here are the installation guides for Office 365, SharePoint 2019, and SharePoint 2013/2016).
- Make sure that you have the latest version of ShortPoint for your environment. ShortPoint Generator is available in ShortPoint versions 184.108.40.206 and above.
- If you are using SharePoint 2013, 2016, or have ShortPoint SPFx version 7, the interface will be slightly different but will have the same features.
Step 1: Go to the ShortPoint Generator Page
Go to the site where you want to create a custom ShortPoint element and click the cogwheel icon.
From the drop-down, choose Site contents.
Select ShortPoint Dashboard.
From the ShortPoint Dashboard, click Generator.
Step 2: Assign a Name to your Custom Footer
Give your Footer element a Name, and change the Type of the newly created element into Footer.
NOTE: Custom Design Elements created using ShortPoint Generator cannot be applied on the site as a footer.
NOTE: Placeholders (%%attribute%%) can only be applied to custom Design Elements created using ShortPoint Generator. Footers will be rendered as is on your site.
Step 3: Customize your Footer
Click the plus icon to start customizing your footer.
You will be taken to the Page Builder where you can customize your footer.
NOTE: You can also copy pre-formatted footers from our Demos Library, paste them into the editor, and make further edits.
Below is a sample footer we made.
Step 4: Save your Custom Footer
Once you are done editing, click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
The footer you created will be stored on the ShortPoint Generator page after saving. You can now preview, edit, or remove it.
Part 2: Add the Footer to SharePoint to proceed.
- Part 2: Add the Footer to SharePoint
- Part 3: Full Width Footer & Full Width Footer Content
- ShortPoint Generator Basic Tutorial. Part 1: Creating Generated Content
- ShortPoint Generator Basic Tutorial. Part 2: Using Generated Content on Pages