- To set up the App Catalog, you need to be a Global Office 365 Admin.
- You need to be the Site Collection Administrator for the Site Collection you are installing ShortPoint on.
- Prerequisite 1: Submit the ShortPoint trial request
- Prerequisite 2: Download the latest ShortPoint SPFx version
Note: If you want to use ShortPoint on classic sites and pages, you will also need to enable scripting capabilities:
- on classic sites: Enabling Scripting Capabilities (SPFx) in Office 365 (Classic Sites);
- on modern sites (or on a specific classic site if you don't want to wait 24h): Enable Scripting Capabilities with PowerShell for Office 365.
- Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint to Tenant App Catalog in Office 365 (Video tutorial) (Duration: 2 minutes)
- Installation Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx to SharePoint Site in Office 365 (Video tutorial) (Duration: 1 - 5 minutes)
- Installation Step 3: Run ShortPoint Installation from Dashboard in Office 365 (Video tutorial) (Duration: 1 minute)
- Post Installation: Activate ShortPoint SPFx License (Video tutorial)
That's it! You may take a look at the articles below for your first exercises after installation:
- Add your first ShortPoint Element on Modern SharePoint Page
- Add your first ShortPoint Element on Classic SharePoint Page
- ShortPoint Live Demos with Copy and Paste Magic