In this article, we will demonstrate how to download the ShortPoint installation file and extract it from the ZIP archive.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Before we begin
- This article is for the Office 365 (SharePoint Online) environment.
Make sure you have completed Installation Prerequisite 1: Submit a Trial Request to ShortPoint for Office 365 before proceeding with this article.
1. Once you have reached the page shown below, click Download ShortPoint for SharePoint Online (Office 365).
2. If you are using the Chrome browser, you will see a ZIP archive at the bottom of your screen after clicking the download button. If you are using another browser, look for the file in your downloads. Click the folder to open the file.
3. You will see a readme.txt, a PDF installation guide, and the shortpoint-spfx.sppkg file in the ZIP archive. Click the shortpoint-spfx.sppkg file once to select it.
4. On the top, under Compressed Folder Tools, select the folder where you want the shortpoint-spfx.sppkg file to be extracted.
Click it once, and the file will be extracted to that folder.
5. To make sure the extracted file is in the folder, open it and check if shortpoint-spfx.sppkg is there.
Note: The shortpoint-spfx.sppkg file obtained in the last step of this article cannot be opened by any app in your local system. It will work once you upload it to your SharePoint tenant.
Once this is completed, you can proceed to Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint to Office 365 Tenant App Catalog.
- ShortPoint SPFx Installation for Office 365 (First Time)
- Installation Prerequisite 1: Submit a Trial Request to ShortPoint for Office 365
- Installation Prerequisite 2: Download and Extract ShortPoint Installation File
- Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint SPFx to Tenant App Catalog in Office 365
- Installation Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx to SharePoint Site in Office 365
- Installation Step 3: Run ShortPoint Installation from Dashboard in Office 365