In this article we will demostrate how to download the ShortPoint installation file and extract it from the ZIP archive.
Note: you need to complete Installation Prerequisite 1: Submit a Trial Request to ShortPoint for Office 365 before proceeding with this article.
1. Once you have reached the page shown below, click Download ShortPoint for SharePoint Online (Office 365)
2. You will see a ZIP archive has been downloaded. Open the downloaded file.
3. You will see two tutorial links and the shortpoint-spfx.sppkg file in the ZIP archive.
Click the shortpoint-spfx.sppkg file once to select it.
4. On the top, under Compressed Folder Tools, select the folder into which you want the shortpoint-spfx.sppkg file to be extracted.
For the purpose of this demonstration I have selected the Documents folder.
Click it once, and the file will be extracted to that folder.
5. To make sure the extracted file is in the folder, open it and check if shortpoint-spfx.sppkg is there.
Info: the shortpoint-spfx.sppkg file obtained in the last step of this article can not be opened by any app in your local system. It will work once you upload it to your SharePoint tenant.
Once this is completed, you can proceed to Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint to Office 365 Tenant App Catalog.