This article is for advanced users of SharePoint 2013 / 2016 Farm Server. If you are already familiar with the
TABLE OF CONTENTS
This article is for you if
- You have downloaded the latest versions of ShortPoint for SharePoint 2013 and ShortPoint for SharePoint 2016.
- You want to install/upgrade ShortPoint on your SharePoint On-Premise Farm.
- You only intend to use ShortPoint on classic SharePoint sites. You cannot use ShortPoint Farm Solutions on modern SharePoint sites. If you intend to build modern pages, you need to install ShortPoint SPFx instead.
Follow the steps below to start the installation process.
- Extract the ShortPoint.zip file into your SharePoint server.
- Make sure that you are a Farm Administrator with all the required permissions to install SharePoint solutions. For more information, check out Best Practices for a Successful Installation (SharePoint On-Premise 2013 and 2016).
- Run the ShortPoint setup file (Setup2013.exe or Setup2016.exe).
- In case you are upgrading, choose Upgrade after you run the Setup file.
- Activate the ShortPoint feature on Web Application or Site Levels. Click here to find out more.
That's it! You now have ShortPoint installed. If you wish to see detailed instructions about the installation process, go to ShortPoint Farm Installation Explained in Detail.
NOTE: Sometimes, the ShortPoint Feature gets deactivated after the upgrade. If this happens, all you have to do is to go to the Site Collection Settings and activate the ShortPoint Feature.
Post-installation Steps (for Verification)
To ensure that you have successfully installed ShortPoint, follow the guide below.
- On your central administration page, open the ShortPoint Licensing page and verify if you have an active license. For more information about licensing, check out Activate ShortPoint Farm Solution License.
- Make sure that the short point Web Application/Site Collection/Site Feature is activated.
- Open Site Settings > ShortPoint Dashboard and verify that there are no errors.
- Once you edit any page on your site, you will see ShortPoint Insert buttons:
Once you have verified everything, you are now ready to create amazing Intranet sites.
- Getting Started with ShortPoint
- Best Practices for a Successful Install (SharePoint On-Premise 2013 and 2016)
- ShortPoint Farm Solution Upgrade (SharePoint 2013/2016)