This article is for you if
- You have downloaded the latest versions of ShortPoint for SharePoint 2013 and ShortPoint for SharePoint 2016
- You want to install/upgrade ShortPoint Farm Solution on your SharePoint On-Premise Farm 2013 or 2016
- Modern SharePoint? You can not use ShortPoint on modern SharePoint sites using ShortPoint Farm Solutions. For that, you need to install ShortPoint SPFx instead.
Before You Begin
- The installation account must be farm administrator and a member of the local server Administrators group and have the db_owner role for the SharePoint configuration database.
- To automatically activate site collection features during installation (optional), use an account that is also a SharePoint site collection administrator.
- If the installation account is not a Site Collection Administrator for all site collections in a web application, then you should choose to not automatically activate the solution during the installation. Site Collection Administrators can activate the solution when they are ready to use it in their web application and then in their site collection.
- For better performance: Deactivate Minimal Download Strategy feature from Site Settings - Manage site features (under Site Actions)
SharePoint Administration Service Verification
Make sure the SharePoint Administration Service is running
Location of Installation
- If you are installing a ShortPoint in a SharePoint farm environment, make sure to start the installation on the correct server.
- ShortPoint is installed on a farm server running the Central Administration service.
- Refer to SharePoint Central Administration > System Settings > Servers > Manage servers on this farm for a list of farm servers running these services.
- During the installation process, ShortPoint will be automatically deployed to all front-end Web servers by the SharePoint Timer service via SharePoint Solution Deployment. There is no need to run the Setup/Installation program on more than one server on the farm.
Begin with the installation
- After you download ShortPoint Solution for SharePoint Server 2013 or 2016.
- You have to put the downloaded file in your SharePoint Server
- Extract the file
- For SharePoint 2013, run Setup2013.exe
- For SharePoint 2016, run Setup2016.exe
- Click Next
- System Check all passed - click next
- If you faced issues here, make sure to review the Before You Begin section in this article. If still facing issues, email us to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be more than happy to help
- Accept our EULA. Online version of it also available shortpoint.com/eula
- Choose the Web Application where you want ShortPoint to be activated
- Choose the Central Administration site (this is required to manage the ShortPoint Configuration features)
- Alternately, you may skip this step to activate manually later
- The installation might take a few minutes. Once done, click next.
Congratulations, You are done! :)
ShortPoint is now installed and you are ready to start designing amazing SharePoint pages
To Install New Upgrades
Installing the upgrades is the same as the installation except for, this time, you will choose Upgrade
Note: if you don't see Upgrade option, but there is Repair option instead, please use it. Starting from the recent versions, the Upgrade option was replaced by Repair. There is no end-user impact of performing this upgrade.
Post Check After Installation
Just to confirm that everything is fine.
Confirm that you have a valid license
Open Central Administration, then Configure ShortPoint Licensing
Note: If the ShortPoint Configuration Options shown below are missing, you must deploy the ShortPoint Solution to the Central Administration Web Application as noted in the installation above.
If the status is green, then everything is good.
Confirm that ShortPoint Feature is active
ShortPoint can be activated on any scope, web application, site collection or site scopes. Make sure to activate the ShortPoint feature on the site that you wish to use ShortPoint on.
Open site settings, and you should see ShortPoint Dashboard there
The dashboard will show you the status of ShortPoint license