This is article is for you if you have:
- Installed ShortPoint Farm Solution
- SharePoint 2013 or 2016 On Premise Farms
- New ShortPoint license key and want to activate it
To activate ShortPoint license key, you need to open ShortPoint Licensing Management page and activate your license.
Step 1. Open License Management page
Login to your Central Administration.
Open License Management Page under ShortPoint Category:
Step 2. Activate new license
Paste the new license key you have in the License Key area.
- Activate requires internet access to validate and activate the license on the server. This is done once, and license will not need to be validated again.
- If the server is not connected to the internet, click on Offline Activation, and we will activate the license on your behalf.
Step 3. Assign users as ShortPoint Designers
You have to assign users as ShortPoint Designers:
Note: You can change each user once a year. After changing, the field will be locked.
If you need to change the user urgently, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org (We would appreciate if you indicate Reassign ShortPoint Designer as the email topic).
Now, all ShortPoint Designers can use ShortPoint to design awesome sites.
All other users can edit content freely, but they will not be able to use ShortPoint.
None ShortPoint Designers
If the user is not a ShortPoint Designer, he/she will notice that ShortPoint Insert buttons are not enabled with the following tooltip "Current user is not configured as a ShortPoint User":
Also, ShortPoint Dashboard features are not active and showing this message: "You are not ShortPoint Use":