In this article, we will walk you through how to create your custom ShortPoint element using ShortPoint Generator.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before We Begin
- Step-by-step Tutorial
Before We Begin
- To use ShortPoint Generator, make sure that you have ShortPoint installed.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of ShortPoint SPFx. ShortPoint Generator is available in ShortPoint versions 126.96.36.199 and above.
Step 1: Open ShortPoint Generator
Go to the site where you want to create a custom ShortPoint element and click the cogwheel icon.
From the drop-down, choose Site contents.
Select ShortPoint Dashboard.
From the ShortPoint Dashboard, click Generator.
Step 2: Create Custom ShortPoint Element
Name your custom element and select Element from the drop-down.
Build your custom element from scratch in the editor of the Generator page.
You can do that by clicking the plus icon.
You will be taken to the Page Builder where you can customize your own element.
NOTE: You can also copy an element or a few elements from our Demos Library, paste them into the editor, and make further edits.
Below is a sample custom element we made.
Step 3: Save your Custom Element
Once you are done editing, click the Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
The content you created will be stored in ShortPoint Generator after saving. You can now preview, edit, or remove your custom elements.
After creating your custom Design element, it is now time to add it to your SharePoint site. Proceed to ShortPoint Generator Basic Tutorial. Part 2: Using Generated Content on Pages to learn how.
- ShortPoint Generator Basic Tutorial. Part 2: Using Generated Content on Pages
- Getting Started with ShortPoint Footer for SharePoint
- Part 1: Create the Footer from ShortPoint Generator Page
- Part 2: Add the Footer to SharePoint