TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before we begin
- Required permissions
- Run ShortPoint installation from the Dashboard video tutorial
- Step-by-step tutorial
- Congratulations! You have ShortPoint SPFx installed!
- Next steps after you have ShortPoint Installed
Before we begin
- This article is for the manual installation of ShortPoint SPFx to your Office 365 (SharePoint Online) environment.
- Please make sure that you have completed the previous installation step: Manual Installation Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx to Site Contents.
- You only need to be a Site Owner if you want to install ShortPoint on a specific site only.
- You have to be a Site Collection Administrator for you to be able to install ShortPoint on the entire site collection.
Run ShortPoint installation from the Dashboard video tutorial
Here is a video tutorial we have prepared for you if you prefer to see this process in action:
Step 1: Go to Site Contents
Click the cog wheel icon in the top-right corner of the page, then click Site contents from the dropdown.
Step 2: Click ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now!
On the Site Contents page, you will see two ShortPoint SPFx items:
- ShortPoint SPFx, and
- ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now!
Click ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now! to open the ShortPoint Dashboard.
Here is what it looks like in the Classic Experience:
And in the Modern Experience:
Note: The ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now! usually takes between 30 seconds to 10 minutes to appear. If you see dimmed (disabled) ShortPoint icons, please wait a bit more and reload your page.
Step 3: Run ShortPoint SPFx installation
In the ShortPoint Dashboard, click Installation.
In the ShortPoint Dashboard, you will see two installation options:
- Site Collection Scope Installation: This allows you to install ShortPoint on all sites and subsites within the site collection. If it is disabled, it will only install ShortPoint on the current site.
- Install for Classic Pages: This allows you to install ShortPoint for both Classic and Modern ShortPoint pages. By default, this option is disabled because scripting capabilities must first be enabled. Make sure to enable scripting capabilities before you proceed with this option. Otherwise, you will receive an error.
After selecting your preferred installation options, click Install.
Once installation is completed, you will see a green pop-up message.
Congratulations! You now have ShortPoint SPFx installed!
Here is what you will see on the Site Contents after the installation is completed.
In the Classic Experience:
In the Modern Experience:
You are now ready to use and explore the ShortPoint SPFx app!
Next steps after you have ShortPoint Installed
Enjoy designing! :)
- Manual Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint SPFx to Tenant App Catalog in Office 365
- Manual Installation Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx to Site Contents in Office 365
- Manual Installation Step 3: Run ShortPoint SPFx Installation from Dashboard in Office 365
- Enabling Scripting Capabilities (SPFx) in Office 365
- ShortPoint Site Collection Scope Installation (SPFx and Add-in)
- Add your first ShortPoint Design Element on Modern SharePoint Page
- Add your first ShortPoint Design Element on Classic SharePoint Page
- ShortPoint Live Demos with Copy Paste Magic