You are now on the second step of the ShortPoint installation. This step requires adding ShortPoint SPFx to the Site Contents of the SharePoint Site. Please follow this article to proceed with the installation process.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before We Begin
- Add ShortPoint SPFx to the SharePoint Site Video Tutorial
- Step-by-Step Tutorial
Before We Begin
- This article is for you if you have Office 365 SharePoint environment.
- Please make sure that you have followed the previous installation step from this article: Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint to the Tenant App Catalog.
Add ShortPoint SPFx to the SharePoint Site Video Tutorial
To see this tutorial in action, you may watch this video tutorial we have prepared for you:
Step 1: Go to Site Contents
Open the Site contents of the site where you want to install ShortPoint SPFx on.
Click on the cog wheel in the Suite Bar and choose Site Contents from the drop-down:
Note: We recommend you to install ShortPoint SPFx on the root site of your site collection.
Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx
- Modern experience:
Click (1) New, and from the drop-down, choose (2) App:
Under Apps you can add, locate the ShortPoint SPFx and click Add:
You should then see that the app is Added successfully. To find this app, go back to the Site contents, as the message advise:
- Classic experience:
Click Add an app:
Under Apps you can add, click ShortPoint SPFx:
After clicking, you will be taken back to Site Contents, and you will see a ShortPoint SPFx dimmed icon appeared on the list.
Here is how it looks like:
Step 3: Verification
Verify that ShortPoint SPFx is added to the Site Contents.
After a few minutes before refreshing the page. After refreshing the page, you should be able to see two new items in Site Contents: ShortPoint SPFx and ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now!, like in the screenshot below.
If you see both of the items in Site Contents, it means that you have finished Installation Step 2 successfully. Congrats!
Here is how it will look like in Modern experience:
And in Classic experience:
Step 4: Proceed to the last step
There is one more process to do to finish ShortPoint installation on your site. To proceed to this last step, please refer to the support article below:
LAST STEP: Run ShortPoint Installation from Dashboard (Duration: 1 minute)
- Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint to the Tenant App Catalog in Office 365
- Installation Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx to Site Contents in Office 365
- Installation Step 3: Run ShortPoint Installation from Dashboard
- ShortPoint and Modern SharePoint Pages