This article is for:
- SharePoint Online / Office 365 with Modern Experience
Microsoft is introducing a new and awesome way to create pages.
We still did not release the support for this new experience, but stay tuned! Very soon you will be able to add ShortPoint to these kinds of pages.
Screenshot of the new experience we are currently working on for new modern pages:
While this new feature is great, it is still very new and there are a lot of upgrades to be released in the upcoming months. Classic pages are supported and will always be supported. When we release the support for the new modern pages, it will be part of your existing installation and will work seamlessly.
Team Sites and Communication Sites
Please note that Modern SharePoint sites now come in two modifications: Team Sites and Communication Sites. You can choose the one you prefer in the initial stage of creating a Modern site:
Currently, this is what you can not do with modern sites:
- You can not add ShortPoint elements to modern pages.
- You can not use ShortPoint theme builder to customize the look on modern sites.
We are working on the above capabilities and soon they will be supported with ShortPoint.
What you can do now with modern Team sites:
- Create a Wiki Pages Library.
- Create a Wiki Page, a Web Part Page, and a new Page in Pages Library (with Publishing Feature).
- Use ShortPoint to build, brand and design those pages (in classic experience).
What you can do now with modern Communication sites:
- Create a new Page in Pages Library (with Publishing Feature).
- Use ShortPoint to build, brand and design this page (in classic experience).
How to use ShortPoint in Modern sites?
- To learn how to use ShortPoint on Modern Team sites, please check this article.
- To learn how to use ShortPoint on Modern Communication sites, please check this article.
Important: Scripting Capabilities are not enabled by default on Modern Sites. For more information, check out this article: Enable Scripting Capabilities on Modern Sites