The last step is to run ShortPoint Installation from ShortPoint Dashboard.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before We Begin
- Required Permissions
- Run ShortPoint Installation from the Dashboard Video Tutorial
- Step-by-Step Tutorial
- Post Installation: Activate You ShortPoint SPFx License
- Congratulations! You have ShortPoint SPFx Installed :)
- Next Steps After You Have ShortPoint Installed
Before We Begin
- If you want to install ShortPoint on one site only, you need to be the site owner.
- If you want to install SharePoint on the entire site collection, you need to be site collection admin
Run ShortPoint Installation from the Dashboard Video Tutorial
Step 1: Go to Site Contents
You will see two ShortPoint SPFx items, which is how it is expected to be: ShortPoint SPFx and ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now!
Step 2: Click ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now!
After clicking on ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now!, you will be navigated to the ShortPoint Dashboard.
- In Classic Experience:
- In Modern Experience:
I cannot find ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now!
Just refresh the page, and you should see the new App.
Step 3: Run ShortPoint SPFx Installation
In the ShortPoint Dashboard, choose the Installation.
1) Install for classic pages: By default, ShortPoint will install ShortPoint for Classic and Modern SharePoint Pages. If you want to use ShortPoint on Modern Pages only, or you do not want to enable scripting capabilities on classic sites, then you can disable this option. Make sure you have enabled scripting capabilities on this site if you want to enable this option.
2) Site Collection Scope Installation (Recommended): If you added ShortPoint SPFx to the root site of the site collection, then you can install ShortPoint on all sites and subsites within this site collection. Click here for more information.
Wait until the installation is finished:
The green highlight will indicate that the installation went successfully and ShortPoint SPFx was completely and successfully installed:
Post Installation: Activate You ShortPoint SPFx License
If you get the following message: ShortPoint is installed but currently disabled...
Then you have to either request your trial from here: shortpoint.com/trial, or just click Activate it here if you have submitted the trial request already.
Activate ShortPoint SPFx License Video Tutorial
Congratulations! You have ShortPoint SPFx Installed :)
Here is what you will see in the Site Contents after the installation is completed:
- in Classic Experience:
- in Modern Experience:
The new ShortPoint SPFx app is completely ready! We hope you enjoy :)