TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before we begin
- Required permissions
- Run ShortPoint installation from the Dashboard video tutorial
- Step-by-step tutorial
- Post Installation: Activate your ShortPoint SPFx license
- Congratulations! You have ShortPoint SPFx installed!
- Next steps after you have ShortPoint Installed
Before we begin
- This article is for you if you have Office 365 SharePoint environment.
- Please make sure that you have completed the previous installation step: Installation Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx to Site Contents.
- You only need to be a Site Owner if you want to install ShortPoint on a specific site only.
- You have to be a Site Collection Administrator for you to be able to install ShortPoint to the entire site collection.
Run ShortPoint installation from the Dashboard video tutorial
Here is a video tutorial we have prepared for you if you prefer to see this process in action:
Step 1: Go to Site Contents
Click the cog wheel icon in the top-right corner of the page, then click Site contents from the dropdown.
Step 2: Click ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now!
You will see two ShortPoint SPFx items, which is how it is expected to be: ShortPoint SPFx and ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now!.
After clicking on ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now!, you will be navigated to the ShortPoint Dashboard.
Here is how it looks like In Classic Experience:
And in Modern Experience:
Note: There may be some instances where you will not see the ShortPOint SPFx-Install Now! in the Site Contents. If that happens, you just need to refresh the page to see the new app.
Step 3: Run ShortPoint SPFx installation
In the ShortPoint Dashboard, choose and click Installation.
Then, click Install.
Installation for Classic Pages: By default, ShortPoint will be installed for Classic and Modern SharePoint Pages. If you want to use ShortPoint on Modern Pages only, or you do not want to enable scripting capabilities on classic sites, then you can disable this option. Make sure you have an enabled scripting capabilities on this site if you want to enable this option.
Site Collection Scope Installation (Recommended): If you added ShortPoint SPFx to the root site of the site collection, then you can install ShortPoint on all sites and subsites within this site collection. Take a look at ShortPoint Site Collection Scope Installation (SPFx and Add-in) for more information.
Step 4: Installation completion
After clicking the Install button, wait until the installation is complete:
Once it is completed, the green highlight will indicate that the installation went successfully and ShortPoint SPFx was completely installed.
Post Installation: Activate your ShortPoint SPFx license
After a successful installation, you may see a message that says ShortPoint is installed but currently disabled:
This means that you either have to request your trial from our ShortPoint Trial Page, or just click Activate it here if you have submitted the trial request already.
To see where to activate your ShortPoint license and how it is done, please watch the video tutorial we have prepared for you:
Congratulations! You have ShortPoint SPFx installed!
Here is what you will see in the Site Contents after the installation is completed:
In Classic Experience:
In Modern Experience:
The new ShortPoint SPFx app is completely ready!
Next steps after you have ShortPoint Installed
Here are some few exercises that you can do after successfully installing ShortPoint:
- You can Add your first ShortPoint Design Element on Modern SharePoint Page if you have a Modern SharePoint environment and if you are on classic, we also have a guide for you on how to Add your first ShortPoint Design Element on Classic SharePoint Page.
- Do you also want to try ShortPoint copy & paste? We got this amazing tutorial for you so you can try ShortPoint Live Demos with Copy Paste Magic.
We hope you enjoy! :)
- Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint SPFx to Tenant App Catalog in Office 365
- Installation Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx to Site Contents in Office 365
- Installation Step 3: Run ShortPoint SPFx Installation from Dashboard in Office 365
- Enabling Scripting Cababilities (SPFx) in Office 365
- ShortPoint Site Collection Scope Installation (SPFx and Add-in)
- Add your first ShortPoint Design Element on Modern SharePoint Page
- Add your first ShortPoint Design Element on Classic SharePoint Page
- ShortPoint Live Demos with Copy Paste Magic