This is the first step of the ShortPoint SPFx installation process. It requires uploading the ShortPoint SPFx app to the Tenant App Catalog.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Before We Begin
- This article is for the manual installation of ShortPoint SPFx to your Office 365 (SharePoint Online) environment.
- Make sure you have completed the following steps before you proceed with this article:
- Manual Installation Prerequisite 1: Submit the ShortPoint trial request.
- Manual Installation Prerequisite 2: Download the latest ShortPoint SPFx version.
1. Click the App Launcher Icon on the top left corner of your SharePoint Intranet site.
2. Select Admin.
3. Click ... Show all.
4. Select SharePoint.
5. Click More features.
6. In the Apps section, click Open.
7. If you have created an App Catalog before, you will see this.
Otherwise, SharePoint will take a few minutes to create a new App Catalog for you:
Note: since May 2022, Microsoft has automated App Catalog creation in Office 365.
However, if by any reason you see the old experience in your tenant, suggesting manual App Catalog setup, please check this article: Set Up the Tenant App Catalog in Office 365.
After it is done, you will see this. Click Got it.
And finally, you will arrive at your App Catalog site.
8. Click Upload:
9. Choose the shortpoint-spfx.sppkg file that you have extracted during the download.
10. On the next screen, click Enable app.
11. Click Close.
Success! You have now uploaded ShortPoint SPFx to your App Catalog.
Now you can proceed to the next step: Add ShortPoint SPFx to Site Contents in Office 365.