This is the first step of ShortPoint SPFx installation process.
It requires uploading ShortPoint SPFx app to the Tenant App Catalog.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before We Begin
- Upload ShortPoint SPFx to Tenant App Catalog Video Tutorial
- Step-by-Step Tutorial
- NEXT: Add ShortPoint SPFx to SharePoint Site (1 - 5 minutes)
Before We Begin
This article is for Office 365 SharePoint Environment.
Also, make sure you have completed the following steps before you proceed with this article:
- Prerequisite 1: Submit the ShortPoint trial request (watch the tutorial here).
- Prerequisite 2: Download the latest ShortPoint SPFx version (watch the tutorial here).
- Prerequisite 3: Set Up Tenant App Catalog (5 minutes)
- Enable Scripting Capabilities Required if you want to use ShortPoint on Classic
Upload ShortPoint SPFx to Tenant App Catalog Video Tutorial
Step 1: Open the SharePoint Admin Center
From any location in your Office 365 tenant, click the App Launcher button on the top left:
In the side App Launcher menu,
- if you're using the new admin center, click All admin centers:
In the opened menu, click SharePoint:
- if you're using the old admin center, scroll down and click the Admin Centers:
From the drop-down, choose SharePoint:
Step 2: Open the SharePoint App Catalog
Click More features on the left menu section:
Click the Open button under the Apps section:
Select the App Catalog option:
In the next screen, on the side menu, choose Apps for SharePoint:
Step 3: Upload ShortPoint SPFx to App Catalog
In the pop-up, click Choose Files:
In the File Explorer, select the shortpoint-spfx.sppkg file, and click Open:
Click OK in the pop-up window:
I can not add the new package to App Catalog!
If the step is not completed successfully, and you have encountered a problem adding the package to the App Catalog, please click here to fix the issue.
After the upload is completed successfully, you will be prompted to deploy the solution.
Press Deploy. This will enable ShortPoint to download the latest files from our global CDN d2zzvnmppezkx.cloudfront.net:
After this step is completed, you will see a message on the top highlighted with green, indicated that the upload is completed successfully.
Important: You should see that ShortPoint SPFx is Deployed
If you get the following error that the App was not Deployed:
Then all you have to do is to click on the app and try to Deploy again:
To get more help about above deployment error, check out our article.