If you have upgraded to the new ShortPoint SPFx app, and in the Site Contents you have a brand new ShortPoint SPFx Dashboard, you are safe to remove your old ShortPoint App (Add-In), which is no longer in use now.
- You have upgraded to the new ShortPoint SPFx app.
- You have the new ShortPoint SPFx Dashboard in your Site Contents, and the old app, ShortPoint, is grayed out.
- The user account that is performing this procedure is a member of the Site Owners group.
Step 1: Ensure you have both Old and New App installed
The first step is to make sure you have both old and new app added to your Site Contents and ShortPoint SPFx is installed. Navigate to your Site Contents and check if it looks like this:
Please ensure following;
- You can see the new SPFx Dashboard and the Back-end app.
- If you are in Modern Experience, you are seeing ShortPoint (old) icon.
- If you are in Classic Experience, you are seeing ShortPoint, with badge old icon.
Step 2: Ensure you have successfully migrated from Old App to New App
If the migration went successful, you would see below screen when you click Old ShortPoint App;
Step 3: Delete / Remove old App
Please perform this step if you Navigate to your Site Contents and switch to Classic Experience (since it is still not allowed to delete any App from Modern Experience yet) and remove app as explained below.
You need to remove this App
Click remove from more options (three dots)
You have now successfully removed app from your site content.
When an App is deleted, it initially goes into the site/user Recycle Bin and is retained there for 30 days. After 30 days, the item is automatically deleted from the site/user Recycle Bin and moved to the Site Collection Recycle Bin. We recommend you to maintain this flow and do not remove it from Recycle Bin unless required.
Thank you for your attention!