TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before We Begin
- ShortPoint SPFx Installation Video Tutorial
- ShortPoint SPFx Installation Explained in Details
- First Exercises After Installation
Before We Begin
- This article is for Office 365 SharePoint environment, and you want to install ShortPoint SPFx for the first time.
- If you are already our customer want to upgrade your ShortPoint version, please check Upgrade to ShortPoint SPFx article.
- To set up the App Catalog you need to be a Global Office 365 Admin.
- You need to be the Site Collection Administrator for the Site Collection you are installing ShortPoint on.
ShortPoint SPFx Installation Video Tutorial
ShortPoint SPFx Installation Explained in Details
To install ShortPoint SPFx for the first time, you need to complete the following steps:
- Prerequisite 1: Submit the ShortPoint trial request (watch the tutorial here).
- Prerequisite 2: Download the latest ShortPoint SPFx version (watch the tutorial here).
- Prerequisite 3: Set up the Tenant App Catalog.
Note: If you want to use ShortPoint on classic sites and pages, you will also need to Enable Scripting Capabilities.
Then start with installation:
- Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint to Tenant App Catalog (1 minute)
- Installation Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx to SharePoint Site (1 - 5 minutes)
- Installation Step 3: Run ShortPoint Installation from Dashboard (1 minute)
And finally, activate the ShortPoint trial license:
- Post Installation: Activate ShortPoint SPFx License (1 minute) (watch the tutorial here).