TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before we begin
- Required Permissions
- ShortPoint SPFx Installation Video Tutorial
- ShortPoint SPFx Installation Explained in Details
Before we begin
- This article is for Office 365 SharePoint environment, and you want to install ShortPoint SPFx for the first time.
- If you are already a ShortPoint user who wants to upgrade ShortPoint, you may refer to Upgrade to ShortPoint SPFx article.
- To set up the App Catalog, you need to be a Global Office 365 Admin.
- You need to be the Site Collection Administrator for the Site Collection you are installing ShortPoint on.
ShortPoint SPFx Installation Video Tutorial
If you want to see the ShortPoint SPFx installation in action, you may want to watch this step-by-step video tutorial we created for you:
ShortPoint SPFx Installation Explained in Details
We have collected all the information you need to successfully install ShortPoint SPFx on your tenant for the first time. Please go through each article we have collated for you.
Step 1: Request a trial license and setup tenant App Catalog
To install ShortPoint SPFx for the first time, you need to complete the following steps:
- Prerequisite 1: Submit the ShortPoint trial request (Video tutorial)
- Prerequisite 2: Download the latest ShortPoint SPFx version (Video Tutorial)
- Prerequisite 3: Set up the Tenant App Catalog (SPFx) in Office 365
Note: If you want to use ShortPoint on classic sites and pages, you will also need to Enable Scripting Capabilities.
Step 2: Proceed with the Installation
Go through each article to proceed with the installation:
- Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint to Tenant App Catalog in Office 365 (Duration: 1 minute)
- Installation Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx to SharePoint Site in Office 365 (Duration: 1 - 5 minutes)
- Installation Step 3: Run ShortPoint Installation from Dashboard in Office 365 (Duration: 1 minute)
Step 3: Activate ShortPoint trial license
Lastly, to complete the installation, see how to activate the ShortPoint trial license:
That's it! You may take a look at the articles below for your first exercises after installation:
- Add your first ShortPoint Element on Modern SharePoint Page
- Add your first ShortPoint Element on Classic SharePoint Page
- ShortPoint Live Demos with Copy and Paste Magic