How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

Multiple %%Contents%% in a Custom ShortPoint

The Content and Attribute features are great within the ShortPoint Generator but the system does not allow you to insert more than one %%Content%% into a page. If you do use content tag more than once, the contents is replicated in the additional instances of the tag. 

I would like to request the ability to have more than one %%Content%% tag within the same ShortPoint Generator by possibly appending a number to the end. For example %%Content2%% or %%Content3%% would give a separate contents box that can be edited independently of the original content box once the custom ShortPoint is inserted into the page.

Hi Anas,

To answer your question. Currently when building a custom ShortPoint, I am able to insert %%Content%% in a field like "Icon." Then when I insert that custom shortpoint on a page it requires me to type in the full name of the icon instead of providing the dropdown menu to select the icon.

Here is an example:

When I put %%attribute%% as the placeholder for an icon name, it creates this is a field in my new custom shortpoint. In order for me to proper populate this field in my custom shortpoint, I need to know the name of the exact name of the icon as I am given only a plain text field to fill in.

As you can see above I can make the selection of the icon variable for my new custom ShortPoint, but I have to know the exact name of the icon and type the name of that icon in, I am not given a dropdown to select the icon. It would be nice if when creating my custom ShortPoint that, if I turn a field that typically has more than one option that the new shortpoint pulls the original list in so that I have the dropdown menu in my new shortpoint. 

Though this suggest is much less important for my use case than the ability to have more than one %%Content%% box on each custom ShortPoint.

I hope that this clarifies my previous suggestion; if not, I would be happy to demonstrate it for you.

Thank you in advance! 

1 person likes this

I wanted to follow-up on this to see if multiple %%Content%% tags is something that would be possible.

I would also like to add on to my original request. ShortPoint already allows me to use the %%Content%% tag in fields that contain drop-down menus (such as 'Icon' for example). 

It would be beneficial if any custom generated ShortPoint pulled the drop-down menu of the original element into the %%Content%% field of the new ShortPoint. This will help so that the end user does not have to memorize the exact name of the option they would like to choose then type it into the text field. 

I often use %%Content%% tag for the icon field and it is difficult to remember what the exact name of each icon.

Hi Shane, 

Thank you for bringing up these ideas and suggestions.

Let me please check with our developers whether we will be planning for features like these for the further releases.

I will keep you posted.

Hi Shane, 

This is Anas again from the product team.

I understand the need to have multiple %%Content%% fields, as you would like to have multiple areas that can have Rich Text capabilities,

However, regarding the followup question

>  It would be beneficial if any custom generated ShortPoint pulled the drop-down menu of the original element into the %%Content%% field of the new ShortPoint. This will help so that the end user does not have to memorize the exact name of the option they would like to choose then type it into the text field.  

I am afraid that I do not fully understand this, 

Can you explain to me a bit more, what you're trying to achieve?

Do you want to have the ability to add an icon dropdown list inside the Generated ShortPoint?

Awaiting your feedback,

Thanks,

Hello,

I wanted to follow-up on this to see if the additional explanation provided the information needed.

Thanks,

Hello,

Same question here.

Thank you.

Login or Signup to post a comment

Start a trial

Ignite your vision. Install ShortPoint directly on your site, or play in sandbox mode. No credit card required.

Get started today

World’s best intranet sites are designed using ShortPoint

Thousands of companies using ShortPoint everyday to design, brand and build award winning intranet sites.

Get started Learn more