This article will explain what ShortPoint New Upgrade is in detail.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before we begin
- Why did we change the upgrade approach?
- Choose how you will get the new versions
- Rollback option
Before we begin
- This article is for you if you use Office 365 (SharePoint Online) or SharePoint 2019 On-Premise environment.
- This article is for you if you have ShortPoint SPFx app installed on your SharePoint sites.
Why did we change the upgrade approach?
Using the New Upgrade, you will be able to upgrade all sites and subsites on your tenancy at once. With the new way of upgrading, you no longer need to check each site collection on your tenancy that has ShortPoint installed and upgrade them one-by-one manually.
To start using the New Upgrade you only need to download the ShortPoint SPFx package from our website, upload it to your Tenant App Catalog and upgrade your site collections one last time. After it is done, further ShortPoint versions will be updated throughout your whole tenancy.
Choose how to get the new ShortPoint versions
Important: If your ShortPoint SPFx version is 7.0.x.xx or below, you will need to do the App Catalog upgrade for your sites one last time. Please visit our tutorial article for more details: Tutorial: How to Upgrade to ShortPoint SPFx 7.1.5.xx Version (New Upgrade)?
If you have the New Upgrade (7.1.5.xx+) package installed, you may choose how you want to get the future ShortPoint versions:
- Automatically. With this type ShortPoint will be updated automatically whenever the new version is released. This is the default option. You can read more about it here: ShortPoint SPFx Auto Upgrade Feature;
- Manually. ShortPoint SPFx version will not be upgraded until you click a button to allow it. Here, you can also use the Sandbox feature to preview the new version you're about to install. In addition, if there is an available beta version, you can choose to upgrade to it. You can learn more here: ShortPoint SPFx Sandbox Mode Feature.
Once you decide which is best for you, click the Upgrade tile in the ShortPoint Dashboard:
Auto Upgrade will be set by default:
If you choose Sandbox Upgrade Mode, disable the Auto Upgrade toggle, as shown below:
The rollback option is only available for Sandbox Upgrade Mode. It cannot be used if you're on automatic upgrades.
How to roll back?
If you decided to switch to the previous version you had, you can roll back from the Upgrade page:
It is only possible to roll back to the previously installed version.
First New Upgrade rollback
There will be no rollback option for the first upgrade of the new type.
Rollback to/from Beta version
If you upgraded to the Beta version and decided to roll back, you will get the previous version.
The same will happen vice verse: if you had Beta version, upgraded to the latest public version, and decided to roll back. In this case you will get the Beta version, as it is the version you had before the upgrade.
You cannot roll back twice or more, multiple rollbacks are not possible.
Rollback for Auto Upgrade type
If you are using Auto Upgrade type, the rollback option will be disabled.
If for some reason you decide to roll back, you need to disable Auto Upgrade first and then click to roll back. Please, note that in such case you will roll back to the previous public version.
You may check other FAQs about ShortPoint Upgrade in this folder.