You are now on the second step of the ShortPoint installation. This step requires adding ShortPoint SPFx to the Site Contents of the SharePoint Site. Follow this article to proceed with the installation process.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before We Begin
- Add ShortPoint SPFx to the SharePoint Site Video Tutorial
- Step-by-Step Tutorial
Before We Begin
- This article is for you if you have Office 365 SharePoint environment.
- Please make sure that you have followed the previous installation step from this article: Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint to the Tenant App Catalog.
Add ShortPoint SPFx to the SharePoint Site Video Tutorial
To see this tutorial in action, you may watch this video tutorial we have prepared for you:
Step 1: Go to Site Contents
Open the Site Collection where you want to install ShortPoint SPFx on. Click the cog wheel in the Suite Bar and choose Site Contents from the drop-down:
Note: We recommend you to install ShortPoint SPFx on the root site of your site collection.
Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx
- Modern experience:
Click (1) New, and from the drop-down, choose (2) App.
Under Apps you can add, locate the ShortPoint SPFx and click Add:
A green pop-up message will appear saying that the app was Added successfully. Click the Site contents page.
- Classic experience:
Click Add an app.
Under Apps you can add, click ShortPoint SPFx.
After clicking, you will be taken back to Site Contents where you will see a dimmed ShortPoint SPFx icon on the list.
Step 3: Verification
Verify if ShortPoint SPFx is added to the Site Contents. You should be able to see two new items in Site Contents: ShortPoint SPFx and ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now!
Note: It can take some time for ShortPoint SPFx and ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now! to be available. Wait at least 10 minutes or refresh the page if the items are dimmed (disabled) after they are added. Once you see both items, it means that you have finished Installation Step 2 successfully. Congratulations!
Here is what it will look like in the Modern experience:
And in the Classic experience:
Step 4: Proceed to the last step
You only have one last installation step to go! To proceed, refer to Run ShortPoint Installation from Dashboard.
- ShortPoint SPFx Installation for Office 365 (First Time)
- Installation Prerequisite 1: Submit a Trial Request to ShortPoint for Office 365
- Installation Prerequisite 2: Download and Extract the ShortPoint Installation File
- Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint to the Tenant App Catalog in Office 365
- Installation Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx to Site Contents in Office 365
- Installation Step 3: Run ShortPoint Installation from Dashboard