This article will demonstrate how to connect a Ticker to a SharePoint List in order to create dynamic ticker content.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Interactive Tutorial
- Step-by-step Tutorial
- You have the latest version of ShortPoint SPFx installed in your environment.
- You are a ShortPoint Designer with an active license.
- You must have an existing Ticker Design Element on your SharePoint page.
- You must have a SharePoint List containing all the information you want to add to your Ticker.
Start the interactive tutorial to learn how to connect a Ticker to a SharePoint List:
Below is a detailed step-by-step guide on how to connect a Ticker to a SharePoint List:
Step 1: Edit the ShortPoint web part
- Go to the SharePoint page with the Ticker Design Element and click Edit.
- Then, click the ShortPoint tag.
- Select the pencil icon.
Step 2: Switch to Grid Mode
- Click the Switch to Grid Mode icon.
NOTE: The Connect feature is currently only available in Grid Mode.
Step 3: Edit the Ticker Design Element
- Look for the Ticker Design Element and click the cogwheel icon.
Step 4: Connect the Ticker to a SharePoint List
- Go to the Connect Tab.
- You can use the connection types below to connect the Ticker to your SharePoint List. Select the connection type you prefer, but for this guide, we will be using Current Site.
- Current Site - allows you to connect ShortPoint elements to existing site assets located on the same site.
- Other Sites - allows you to connect ShortPoint elements to existing site assets located on another site.
- SharePoint Site URL - allows you to connect ShortPoint elements to existing site assets using a specific SharePoint URL
- Select the name of your SharePoint List from the List/ Library drop-down.
- Then, if you are using a specific View for your SharePoint List, select the View drop-down to choose the view you prefer.
- Click Connect.
Step 5: Map Items to display on your Ticker
- Delete all default content.
- Below is the SharePoint list we want to connect to the Ticker. We want to display the  Title and  redirect users to the link specified in the Link column.
- Click the  link icon under the Title field and select the  Title property from the drop-down to display the titles on your SharePoint list.
- Then, click the  link icon under the Link field and select  Link URL to redirect users to the link you specified on your SharePoint list.
Step 6: Update and Save
- Click Preview to see how your Ticker will appear on your page.
- Once satisfied, click Update.
- Then, click the eye icon to see how your page will appear in real-time.
- Click Save to apply your changes.
Congratulations! You now know how to connect the Ticker Design Element to a SharePoint List.
- How To Connect ShortPoint Elements with Your Site News
- How to Connect to SharePoint List or Library Gallery View
- How to Connect the ShortPoint Alert Design Element to a SharePoint List