This article will demonstrate how you can use the built-in search feature of SharePoint to find content inside ShortPoint Web Parts on modern SharePoint pages.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Before we begin
To use this feature, you must have ShortPoint SPFx version 7.5.0.xx or later.
We recommend you always have the latest version installed. Visit our Download ShortPoint page to get the latest version of ShortPoint, or you can use the ShortPoint SPFx Auto Upgrade Feature to ensure you always have the latest version.
This feature is only available for Modern Pages in Office 365 & SharePoint 2019 environments.
A ShortPoint user will need to edit then save any pre-existing ShortPoint Web Parts once to index their content. This only needs done to ShortPoint Web Parts created in versions prior to 7.5.0.xx.
Notes: • On Office 365, Design Element content is indexed almost immediately and should be reflected within 30 seconds or less.
• On SharePoint 2019, content will be indexed in the next crawl cycle (configured in SharePoint Search Administration). Check out these articles by Microsoft to see how to Manage Crawling in SharePoint Server.
ShortPoint search in action
Click in the search box at the top of the page:
Type your search query, then hit Enter or click the magnifying glass icon:
Select a result from the search results page:
The search feature will not show results for the following content:
- Content of Connected Design Elements.
- Content of these Design Elements:
- Office 365: Power BI, PowerApps, Teams.
- Social: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Yammer.
- Custom: All Design Elements made with Generator.
- Content of Design Elements with visibility settings enabled (to maintain the desired privacy).
Info: To learn more about visibility settings, see Managing Visibility of ShortPoint Design Elements.
Support: If you need help using the search feature, please submit a support ticket.