With the People Search connection type you can display the information about your SharePoint organization members on the page.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Step 1: Add a ShortPoint Design Element
- Step 2: Connect your Design Element to People Search
- Step 3: Map the Items
- Step 4: Click Insert and save the page
- You have set up the user profiles in SharePoint. Please, check these articles on how to do this for:
- SharePoint Online (Office 365): Manage user profiles in the SharePoint admin center;
- SharePoint On-Premise (SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint 2019): Administer the User Profile service in SharePoint Server.
- People Search connection works with distribution lists only.
- People Search connection relies completely on SharePoint People Search.
Step 1: Add a ShortPoint Design Element
Step 2: Connect your Design Element to People Search
You can use the Enable Sorting option to display the list of users in ascending or descending order. Choose the necessary option in the Sort by field, or click to enable Additional Properties and choose from the opened Select Properties option.
Note: Please, make sure that the selected fields for sorting are configured to support sorting. Check our Enabling sorting by field in SharePoint Search solution for more information.
If you need to show the limited number of people, put the value to the Items Limit field.
Note: By default, the Items Limit is set to 10.
Click Connect and wait for the connection to load.
Step 3: Map the Items
Switch to the Items tab.
Map the corresponding properties to display on your page. Click the chain icon and choose the option you would like to map from the drop-down.
In our example we mapped the Title field with the PreferredName, Subtitle field with the Job Title, Description field with the Department content from the users' profiles and Image field with the PictureURL.
Note: Check our ShortPoint Connect: Basic Tutorial for more information on how ShortPoint Connect works.
Step 4: Click Insert and save the page
Note: you might see some additional items: spsearch, sharepoint content services, app@sharepoint. It is a known issue here, kindly check our solution article on how to hide them from the search: Known Issue: SPS-UserTypes Are Shown in People Search Connection Type.
Note: If you are editing the element not for the first time, instead of Insert you will see the Update button.