If you are encountering behavior issues or other issues that can contribute with the performance or the look of your SharePoint page, and want to confirm if it is coming from ShortPoint, then you can refer to this article to help you with that.
This article would simply provide instructions on how to disable ShortPoint using a URL parameter on your SharePoint Office 365 or SharePoint 2019 On-Premise environment, so you will only have a plain SharePoint page with SharePoint webpart.
Let's get started.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before we begin:
- How to disable ShortPoint using URL parameter for a specific page
- Navigation for the whole steps
Before we begin:
- The solution described in this article will only disable ShortPoint on a given page temporarily. It will not remove anything from your page at all. As soon as you remove the query string, you will start seeing your page the way it was before.
- This option is available for you if you have installed ShortPoint SPFx Version 22.214.171.124 or higher.
- This option only works if you are using ShortPoint SPFx solution, meaning that your SharePoint environment is Office 365 or SharePoint 2019. If you are using SharePoint 2013/2016 On-Premise, then you may switch to Disable ShortPoint on a Page (SharePoint 2013/2016 On-Premise).
How to disable ShortPoint using URL parameter for a specific page
Here are some quick steps to disable ShortPoint on the page using URL parameter.
Step 1. Navigate to page where you want to disable ShortPoint
Navigate to the page where you would want to disable ShortPoint using URL parameter in your SharePoint environment.
Step 2. Append query string spdisable with value 1 (spdisable=1)
Append the query string URL with parameter name as spdisable and value as 1 to your page URL right after the page name.
For example, if your page URL is something like:
you should put spdisable like this:
And if your page URL is like:
then you should put spdisable like this:
Navigation for the whole steps
Here is a short clip on how to disable and enable ShortPoint using URL parameter.