How can we help you today?

Start a new topic

Documents Set to Open in Same Window Do Not Open in SharePoint Mobile App

My company plans to rollout the use of the SharePoint mobile app when we launch our Intranet designed with ShortPoint. When trying to open documents using a "default" linking option (open in same window), the document does not open in the SharePoint Mobile app. Is this something that should be addressed with Microsoft or is it a possible issue with ShortPoint?

I can set the linking options to new window, lightbox or dialog and the document will open in each one as expected. We would prefer to use the same window option if at all possible but will change to new window if needed.

Has anyone else had a similar problem? 

Regards,

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie,

I have reproduced the same locally using a SharePoint App. Yes, ShortPoint linking options are ignored in the app and all links are opened in a new window.

At the moment I'm not sure it we can override this behavior or this is something we cannot influence because of the app architecture, so I asked our developers to help.

I will update you on this soon.

Thank you!

Kind Regards, 

Oksana

Hi Oksana,

Actually, all the linking options work EXCEPT for the same window option. If I select new window as the linking option, the document opens just fine. I can switch to that option so that it opens correctly for the SharePoint App.

If you hear anything from the developers, please let me know as I would like to keep the documents in the same window if at all possible but it's not a huge problem if I have to change it.

Thank you for responding so quickly.

Regards,

Stephanie

Hi Stephanie, 

So does Lightbox linking option work fro you in the SharePoint app?

Can you please tell if you are talking about Modern or Classic pages here? I tested everything on modern pages only, please tell if I made a wrong assumption here.

Will be waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards, 

Oksana

Hi Oksana,

Yes, Lightbox linking works somewhat - it doesn't show the document small enough to fit totally in the lightbox. A user has to scroll horizontally and vertically to see the whole document.

I have a modern site so you are correct.

Regards,

Stephanie

Login or Signup to post a comment

Start a trial

Ignite your vision. Install ShortPoint directly on your site, or play in sandbox mode. No credit card required.

Get started today

World’s best intranet sites are designed using ShortPoint

Thousands of companies using ShortPoint everyday to design, brand and build award winning intranet sites.

Get started Learn more