How can we help you today?

Start a new topic
Solved

Connector Missing in Table Element

Hello,

I need to setup a table element that pulls it's data from a SharePoint list on a subsite. I can easily do this from the Connector tab on most other elements, but for some reason there is not a Connector tab on table and the source information at the bottom of the table's settings page only contains connections to lists that are within the same site. Can someone help me fix this?

Thanks

1 person has this problem

Dear Shane, 

As we have already discussed this after you submitted a ticket, the Connect feature in the Table element will be improved soon, and become available in full functionality in one of our future releases. Unfortunately, there is no workaround that would allow to use the Connector for retrieving data from other sites and presenting it with the Table design element.

As a temporary alternative, we suggest using other elements, such as, for example, lists.

The importance of the feature will be discussed in our upcoming planning meeting, and I we will do everything possible to introduce it as soon as the current workload will allow.

Best Regards,

Oksana 

1 person likes this

What's the status of this?

It's becoming an increasingly problematic bug.

I see this is coming in the 6.5 update. I am extremely excited about this, I've been waiting for this for over a year!

Interesting, Shane, I just received an update on 7/7/19 quoting your reply about this 20 days ago.

It's amazing that this is a bug from over a year ago and is still yet to be fixed. I'm patiently waiting for this, although I'm worried that it will be for the online version of SP and not on-prem. Their upcoming release should state which version they're expecting the update for. 

Hi Shane, and Chris,

Thank you for your interest in the feature. Yes, it is true, it will be available in both ShortPoint SPFx and ShortPoint Farm Solution releases as soon as they are ready. The packages are passing QA testing nowadays and will become publicly available afterwards.

I'm been checking on this, patiently waiting, watching the countdown on the roadmap page. Today's the day (7/25/2019) and.....SURPRISE! The only update available is for the office 365 and  2019 version of SharePoint. Once again, SharePoint 2016 fixes are missing, No updates for on-prem again! 

We release new version for Office 365 first. Then we roll the updates on all platforms. Each platform require significant work from our side on planning, development and testing. We appreciate your patience. We continue to work on improving the release process.

Login or Signup to post a comment

Start a trial

Ignite your vision. Install ShortPoint directly on your site, or play in sandbox mode. No credit card required.

Get started today

World’s best intranet sites are designed using ShortPoint

Thousands of companies using ShortPoint everyday to design, brand and build award winning intranet sites.

Get started Learn more