In Live Mode, we introduce a built-in resource that guides designers as they start using ShortPoint. We call it the ShortPoint Assistant.
It lists the essential steps that someone new to ShortPoint Live Mode must learn to fully take advantage of the features and benefits of the design solution. Each step features a quick video that outlines how to complete the step and other important information that can help the designer in building the best intranet site.
In this article, we show you the ShortPoint Assistant through an interactive tutorial and provide details about how to complete it or dismiss it.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Interactive Experience
- Completing ShortPoint Assistant
- Dismissing ShortPoint Assistant
- You must have the latest version of ShortPoint SPFx installed on your SharePoint environment.
- You must be a ShortPoint Designer with an active license.
Learn about the ShortPoint Assistant by going through this interactive tutorial.
Completing ShortPoint Assistant
As you start learning with the ShortPoint Assistant, here is key information you need to know to seamlessly complete it:
- Start by editing the page and adding the ShortPoint web part
After successfully installing ShortPoint on your SharePoint site collection, you will be asked to insert a ShortPoint web part. This is a crucial step you need to complete to view the other steps in the ShortPoint Assistant.
- There are two ways to complete a step
- Automatic completion - most steps are automatically marked complete when you have done the step. They will appear greyed out and the radio button will be checked out.
- Manual completion - some steps require you to click the Mark as done button to record its completion.
- We encourage watching the videos
Each step in the ShortPoint Assistant has a corresponding video that outlines how to complete it and important information you may want to know about the feature. However, watching them is optional.
Dismissing ShortPoint Assistant
If you want to complete the steps in ShortPoint Assistant at a later time or you do not wish to go through it, you can follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Insert ShortPoint web part
- You must insert the ShortPoint web part to your page one time to get access to ShortPoint Assisatnt’s dismiss button
Step 2: Click the Dismiss button
- At the bottom part of ShortPoint Assistant, you will find the dismiss button
Step 3: Confirm dismissal
- Click the Yes, dismiss button to confirm your action
- (Optional) If you do not want to see ShortPoint Assistant in any of your future editing sessions, you can tick off the Do not show again radio button
Step 4: (Optional) Relaunch ShortPoint Assistant
When you wish to go back and relaunch ShortPoint Assistant, follow these steps
- Open the Help center in the Action Toolbar
- Select Quickstart Checklist
- Click Continue the Checklist
- Continue completing the steps in the Checklist
- Getting Started: The Basics of ShortPoint Live Mode
- ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode Feature: Action Toolbar
- ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode Feature: Preview Web Part
- ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode Feature: Hot Actions