In SharePoint, there is a feature that allows you to change the look of the site’s footer. This article will demonstrate how users can easily accomplish this using SharePoint’s built-in options.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Interactive Tutorial
- Step-by-step Tutorial
- Looking for More Customization for your Footer?
Start the interactive tutorial to learn how to change your SharePoint site’s footer:
PRO DESIGN TIP: If you're looking for more customizable options for your SharePoint footers, ShortPoint Theme Builder is the tool you’re looking for! It allows you to further customize how your footer will be showcased on your page. See how it works in the ShortPoint Theme Builder: Footer Interactive Experience.
NOTE: Proceed to the Step-by-step Tutorial if you want to see a detailed description of the OOTB options you can customize.
Follow the step-by-step below for a detailed guide on how to customize your SharePoint site Footer:
Step 1: Open Theme Settings
- Go to the SharePoint page where you want to modify the header and click the cogwheel icon.
- Select Change the Look.
- Click Footer.
Step 2: Customize the footer
- Enable Footer.
- Select the layout you prefer. You can choose from:
presents one level of links and labels
|b. Extended||presents two levels of links and labels|
- Click Change to add a logo.
- Add a Display Name.
- Choose a background.
Step 3: Save
- Once you are satisfied with how your footer looks, click Save.
- Then, click the cross icon to exit the Settings panel.
Step 4: Add Footer content
- Click Edit.
- Click the plus icon to add a footer category.
- Choose an option from the drop-down. You can choose from:
|Link||allows you to add a link to any site.|
|Associated hubs||allows you to link to associated hubs.|
|Associated child hubs||allows you to link to associated child hubs.|
|Label||allows you to add text that is not hyperlinked.|
- (Optional) This is only available if you select the Link option. Add a URL inside the Address field.
- Add a Display Name.
- (Optional) Select the Open in a new tab check box if you want the link to open in a new browser tab.
- Click OK.
- Repeat the steps above until you have all the categories you need.
- Once you are satisfied with everything, click Save.
Looking for More Customization for your Footer?
If you need more ways to customize the elements on your footer, ShortPoint is just what you need! It has amazing features that make adding and customizing footers a breeze.
- ShortPoint provides users with a Demos Library where you can find hundreds of templates (including footer templates) that you can use on your own SharePoint sites. The best part about these templates is you can easily copy and paste them into your sites.
- ShortPoint even has a feature called ShortPoint Generator where you can create and customize footer templates and use them throughout your Site Collection.
- To top it off, ShortPoint Theme Builder provides users with additional customizable features that can truly make your footers one of a kind.
Check out the interactive tutorial below to see for yourself the benefits of having ShortPoint on your SharePoint page:
- How to Add a SharePoint Web Part
- How to Customize Your SharePoint Site's Header
- How to Change the SharePoint Site Theme Color