This article will discuss the File List Design Element including its basic functions and ways to design it.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is the File List Design Element?
- When is the File List Design Element Used?
- How to Design the File List Design Element?
- You have the latest ShortPoint public version installed for your environment.
- You are a ShortPoint Designer with an active license.
What is the File List Design Element?
The File List allows you to create a powerful knowledge center with all the information and tools that your users need to be productive and efficient. Through this, your users can easily access key files and folders.
When is the File List Design Element Used?
Here are some of the instances you can use the File List Design Element for your SharePoint pages:
- You can use it as a quick access tool, giving users easy access to files they may need to be productive and efficient.
For example, we used File List to display important documents that our employees will need to access quickly.
- You can use it to showcase dynamic content, allowing you to connect and display information from Document Libraries you created.
In the example below, we used File List to connect to the Document Library we created. With this, whenever we add new files to our Document Library, it will automatically show up in the File List.
- You can use it to create a unique section on your page. You can choose from a wide variety of design styles that you can customize to fit the branding of your page.
In the sample below, we used the File List to add a unique document section to our page.
How to Design the File List Design Element?
There are many ways to design the File List Design Element. We have listed below a couple of ways to create a unique File List:
- Modify theme color
- Customize icon size
- Choose Icon style
- Adjust spacing
- Add a background
NOTE: For more ways to design your File List Design Element, check out our Demos Library. From there, you can copy any template and paste it into your page.
Congratulations! You now know the basics of the File List Design Element. Check out How to Customize the File List Design Element to learn more about its features.
- How to Customize the File List Design Element
- Introduction to Image Caption Design Element
- How to Customise the Image Caption Design Element