A SharePoint List or Library ID may be required to complete advanced queries and configurations that you can use within ShortPoint. This article will demonstrate how to get your List or Library ID in SharePoint Modern Experience. Follow the steps below to get started.
NOTE: This article is for SharePoint Modern experience. If your list / library does not look like this, check out How to Find SharePoint List / Library ID (Classic Experience).
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before you begin
- Step-by-step Tutorial
Before you begin
- You must have the latest public version of ShortPoint installed on your SharePoint environment
- You must be a ShortPoint Designer with an active license
Learn how to find your List or Library ID by following the steps below:
STEP 1: Open List Settings
Open the SharePoint list or library whose List or Library ID you want to use.
In our case, we want to get the ListID of our Employee Onboarding List.
Click the cogwheel icon (1) and select List Settings (2).
NOTE: If you are getting an ID for a Library, you will need to click Library Settings > More Library Settings.
STEP 2: Copy the List or Library ID
Go to the page URL and copy the text after List=
STEP 3: Edit the Copied List or Library ID
Paste the copied List or Library ID in a notepad.
That’s it! You now have your List or Library ID.
- How to Open Linked SharePoint Events in Modern View
- How to Find SharePoint ListID / Library ID (Classic Experience)
- How to Create and Add a Multi-pin Map in your SharePoint Site