If you are reading this article, then it means that you have already completed the first step of the New Upgrade tutorial, and you are now about to complete the step 2 of the upgrade series. Please go through the steps below to perform an update for the ShortPoint SPFx that you have uploaded in your SharePoint app catalog.
NOTE: To know more about the ShortPoint New Upgrade, please visit ShortPoint SPFx New Upgrade for Office 365 and SharePoint 2019.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before we begin
- Step 1: Locate the ShortPoint SPFx app
- Step 2: Update the ShortPoint SPFx app in the Site Contents
- Step 3: Get the new ShortPoint SPFx version
- Next Step: Reinstall ShortPoint SPFx on your SharePoint site
Before we begin
- Make sure you are on SharePoint Office 365 or SharePoint 2019 On-Premise environment.
- Make sure you already have ShortPoint SPFx app installed on your SharePoint site/s.
- It is important that you already completed the Update Step 1: Upload New ShortPoint SPFx to Tenant App Catalog in Office 365 (New Upgrade), or if you are on SharePoint 2019, you should complete Update Step 1: Upload New ShortPoint SPFx to App Catalog in SharePoint 2019 (New Upgrade) as a prerequisite for this article.
Step 1: Locate the ShortPoint SPFx app
On your SharePoint site, click the cog wheel icon (1) in the upper right corner of your page, and click Site Contents (2):
The next page will show you a list where you can locate the ShortPoint SPFx app:
Step 2: Update the ShortPoint SPFx app in the Site Contents
It is important to select the ShortPoint SPFx App not the ShortPoint Dashboard. Here is how it looks like to update the app on modern and classic SharePoint environment:
On modern SharePoint experience, click the ellipsis button (1) and select Details (2):
On classic SharePoint experience, click the ellipsis button (1) and select About (2):
Step 3: Get the new ShortPoint SPFx version
To get the new ShortPoint SPFx version, click the GET IT button.
NOTE: ShortPoint SPFx app can only be viewable in classic experience for now. If you are presented by this interface below, just click Switch to the classic SharePoint Store to go back to the classic experience.
At a first glance, you will notice that the SPFx app is greyed out. You have to wait a little until the app gets completely updated on your site. Here is the difference of how it looks like between classic and modern experience:
On modern SharePoint experience:
On classic SharePoint experience:
Next Step: Reinstall ShortPoint SPFx on your SharePoint site
To proceed with reinstalling the ShortPoint app, please refer to the article below: