ShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode brings you the capability to adjust the spacing values of Design Elements, making it easy to achieve the best size that complements your page design. We call this the Hot Actions feature, and we are introducing it in detail in this article.
NoteShortPoint Page Builder Live Mode was formerly known as Visual Builder.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is Hot Actions?
- Interactive Tutorial
- Step-by-step Tutorial
- You have the latest version of ShortPoint SPFx installed on your SharePoint environment.
- You are a ShortPoint Designer with an active license.
What is Hot Actions?
Hot Actions is a Live Mode feature that allows you to resize  margins (spaces outside the border of the Design Element) and  paddings (spaces within the border of the Design Element) through a simple click-and-drag action.
With Hot Actions, you no longer need to guess spacing values to fit your design. You also do not need to toggle between your settings window and page preview to see the result. The action happens right where you can see it.
Start the interactive tutorial below to learn how to use Hot Actions:
Follow the steps below for a detailed guide on using Hot Actions:
Step 1: Enter EasyPass Active Mode
- Hover over the Design Element you want to modify and click its EasyPass label.
Step 2: Click and drag to resize
- Move your cursor to the end of the margins or paddings you want to resize until you see a color highlight.
- Drag until it reaches your desired size or value.
- (Optional) To have equal value or size on both sides, click the link icon.
Step 3: Exit Active Mode
- When you are satisfied with your adjustments, click anywhere outside the Design Element you are working on to exit Active Mode.
That's it! You now know how to use Hot Actions. You can now use it to have more control over the placement, size, and alignment of your content.