In this article we will list known issues and limitations that currently exist in the Wireframe Builder and the workarounds to fix them.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- This article is for you if
- Known Issues and Limitations
This article is for you if:
- You have to the ShortPoint SPFx Visual Builder version 8.0.x.xx or later.
- You use Office 365 (SharePoint Online) environment.
Known Issues and Limitations
Inline Design Elements are not fully supported
Currently, the inline elements are not fully supported in the Wireframe Builder.
ShortPoint has in total 9 inline Design Elements. These are:
As a workaround for now, you simply insert the inline elements on a new line. So it will appear between two Text Design Elements. This is how it will look like:
- In the edit mode of a content-holder element, Content tab:
- In Wireframe Builder:
- In Visual Builder:
- In view mode:
Please, check this solution article for more details and step-by-step workaround: Known Issue: Inline Design Elements are Not Fully Supported in Wireframe Builder.
Using OOTB SharePoint WebParts inside ShortPoint sections
Only applicable for the classic SharePoint sites
In the new Wireframe Builder you cannot insert SharePoint web parts directly to the ShortPoint section or row.
We have introduced a new Design Element called WebPart Container, that you can use for adding SharePoint web parts.
Note: This Design Element is only available for classic SharePoint sites.
There are some important moments that you need to pay attention to once working with SharePoint OOTB WebParts in Wireframe Builder:
- It is not possible to copy or duplicate existing SharePoint OOTB web parts. Once you paste the WebPart Container with the SharePoint WebPart inside it, only the WebPart Container with rich text in it (if any) will be saved.
In case you would like to use the same SharePoint WebPart, you will need to add it inside the WebPart Container manually from the ribbon.
- If copying to the modern pages, WebPart Container will be converted to a Text Design Element. The SharePoint OOTB WebPart will not be saved.
- In case you would like to delete the SharePoint OOTB WebPart, you will need to delete it the WebPart first and then delete the WebPart Container.
Please, check our solution article for more details about ShortPoint WebPart Container for Classic Pages and Using SharePoint OOTB WebParts in Wireframe Builder.
Pasting Design Elements and text content
Part 1. Design Elements
In new Wireframe Builder you cannot put your cursor to some place on the page and then paste the Design Element/text content into it.
All Design Elements should be placed inside a section row.
You cannot paste a single Design Element outside - it will be placed inside a new row and section:
You can paste Design Elements in two ways:
Option 1. Use the Paste option for the existing Design Elements
1. Hover over the Design Element, before, after or inside which you would like to paste it and click the three dots icon to show the options.
2. Choose the paste option:
- Paste Before. Use this option if you would like to insert the copied Design Element before the current Design Element.
- Paste After. Use this option if you would like to insert the copied Design Element after the current Design Element.
- Paste inside. Use this option if you would like to insert the copied Design Element inside the current Design Element. This option is only available for content-holder Design Elements.
Option 2. Right click and paste
Copy the Design Element.
Right click at the field where you would like to paste your Design Element and choose Paste from the drop-down options:
You may paste the copied Design Element inside the content-holder Design Elements (Column, Info, Panel etc.) and before or after all existing elements.
There are following content-holder ShortPoint Design Elements:
- TOC Content,
Note: You cannot add Animate, Templates, TOC Content in Visual Builder. Please use Wireframe Builder instead.
Note: Check our solution article to know more about Adding, Copying/Pasting Experience in Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder.
Part 2. Text content
All rich text content inside existing Design Elements will be converted to the Text Design Elements after migration.
In Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder the Text Design Element is used as a building block, and it replaces the rich text content.
You may use Text Design Element for adding new text content:
For the content-holder Design Elements you can add the text directly in the Content tab, and it will be automatically added as Text Design Element:
Note: Check our solution article to know more about Text Editing Experience in Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder.
- Introducing ShortPoint Visual Builder
- Known Issue: Inline Design Elements are Not Fully Supported in Wireframe Builder
- ShortPoint WebPart Container for Classic Pages and Using SharePoint OOTB WebParts in Wireframe Builder
- Expectations from Visual Builder Beta Release
- Adding, Copying/Pasting Experience in Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder
- Text Editing Experience in Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder