In this article, we will list known issues and limitations that currently exist in the Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder and the workarounds to fix them.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- This article is for you if
- Known Issues and Limitations
This article is for you if
- You have the ShortPoint SPFx Visual Builder version 8.0.x.xx or later.
- You use Office 365 (SharePoint Online) or SharePoint 2019 environment.
Known Issues and Limitations
Inline Design Elements are not fully supported
Important: Starting with ShortPoint SPFx 8.0.16.xx version, the inline Design Elements are being migrated smoothly when switching to Visual Builder. Make sure to upgrade your ShortPoint version to 8.0.16.xx and later. Continue to these solution articles: - To know how to upgrade to the Beta version: ShortPoint SPFx Sandbox Mode Feature. Beta version is available. To know more about inline Design Elements: Introducing Inline Design Elements Feature for ShortPoint Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder.
Currently, the inline Design Elements are not fully supported in the Visual Builder.
ShortPoint in total has 9 inline Design Elements. These are:
If one of this inline Design Elements was in between two text parts, after the page migration, it will appear on a new line between two Text Design Elements. This is how it will look like:
- In the edit mode of a content-holder Design Element, Content tab:
- In Wireframe Builder:
- In Visual Builder:
- In view mode:
If you would like the inline Design Element to appear on the same line as the rest of the text, you can now do that directly from the text editor options of the Text Design Element. Therefore, you can readjust migrated content afterwards.
1. Continue to this solution article to know how to use the inline Design Elements directly from the text editor options: Introducing Inline Design Elements Feature for Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder.
2. For more details about the migration of the inline Design Elements, check this article: Known Issue: Inline Design Elements are Not Fully Supported in Wireframe Builder.
Unsupported layout: inserting Rows inside content-holder Design Elements
In the new Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder all Design Elements have to be placed inside the Section and Row.
Therefore, adding another Row inside the content-holder Design Element, like Tabs, is no longer possible:
Before, this was possible with the legacy Page Builder:
Note: Here is the list of content-holder ShortPoint Design Elements, that do not support adding Rows inside them: Accordions, Alert, Animate, Background, Frame, Info, List, Panel, Tabs, Templates, TOC Content, Toggles, Well.
For more information, please continue here: Unsupported Layout: Inserting Rows Inside Content-Holder Design Elements is Not Supported in Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder
Using OOTB SharePoint WebParts inside ShortPoint Sections
In the new Wireframe Builder, you cannot insert SharePoint web parts directly to the ShortPoint Section or Row.
We have introduced a new Design Element called WebPart Container, that you can use for adding SharePoint web parts.
This Design Element is only available for classic SharePoint sites.
There are some important moments that you need to pay attention to once working with SharePoint OOTB WebParts in Wireframe Builder:
- It is not possible to copy or duplicate existing SharePoint OOTB web parts. Once you paste the WebPart Container with the SharePoint web part inside it, only the WebPart Container with rich text in it (if any) will be saved.
In case you would like to use the same SharePoint web part, you will need to add it inside the WebPart Container manually from the ribbon.
- If copying to the modern pages, WebPart Container will be converted to a Text Design Element. The SharePoint OOTB web part will not be saved.
- In case you would like to delete the SharePoint OOTB web part, you will need to delete the web part first and then delete the WebPart Container.
Check our solution article for more details about ShortPoint WebPart Container for Classic Pages and Using SharePoint OOTB WebParts in Wireframe Builder.
Pasting Design Elements and text content
Part 1. Design Elements
In new Wireframe Builder you cannot put your cursor to some place on the page and then paste the Design Element/text content into it.
All Design Elements should be placed inside a Section and a Row.
You cannot paste a single Design Element outside - it will be placed inside a new Row and Section:
You can paste Design Elements in two ways:
Option 1. Use the Paste option for the existing Design Elements
1. Hover over the Design Element, before, after or inside which you would like to paste it and click the three dots icon from the Action buttons to show the options.
2. Choose the paste option from the Other Actions dropdown:
- Paste Before. Use this option if you would like to insert the copied Design Element before the current Design Element.
- Paste After. Use this option if you would like to insert the copied Design Element after the current Design Element.
- Paste inside. Use this option if you would like to insert the copied Design Element inside the current Design Element. This option is only available for content-holder Design Elements.
Copy the Design Element.
Right click at the field where you would like to paste your Design Element to open the Context menu and choose Paste from the drop-down of Other Actions:
You may paste the copied Design Element inside the content-holder Design Elements (Column, Info, Panel etc.) and before or after all existing elements.
There are the following content-holder ShortPoint Design Elements:
- TOC Content,
You cannot add Animate, Templates, TOC Content in Visual Builder. Please use Wireframe Builder instead.
Check our solution article to know more about Adding, Copying/Pasting Experience in Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder.
Part 2. Text content
All rich text content inside existing Design Elements will be converted to the Text Design Elements after migration.
In Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder the Text Design Element is used as a building block, and it replaces the rich text content.
- You may use Text Design Element for adding new text content:
- For the content-holder Design Elements you can add the text directly in the Content tab, and it will be automatically added as a Text Design Element:
Check our solution article to know more about Text Editing Experience in Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder.
Firefox: Pasting from Demos website and other SharePoint pages is not supported
Pasting the page/Section templates from our Demos website and other SharePoint pages is not supported in Firefox.
To know more about this issue, check our article: Known Issue: Pasting Content from ShortPoint Demos Website or Other SharePoint Pages is Not Supported in Firefox (Visual Builder).
- Introducing ShortPoint Visual Builder
- Known Issue: Inline Design Elements are Not Fully Supported in Wireframe Builder
- ShortPoint WebPart Container for Classic Pages and Using SharePoint OOTB WebParts in Wireframe Builder
- Unsupported Layout: Inserting Rows Inside Content-Holder Design Elements is Not Supported in Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder
- Known Issue: Pasting Content from ShortPoint Demos Website or Other SharePoint Pages is Not Supported in Firefox (Visual Builder)
- Expectations from Visual Builder Beta Release
- Adding, Copying/Pasting Experience in Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder
- Text Editing Experience in Visual Builder and Wireframe Builder