How to enable IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility with PowerShell on SharePoint 2019 On-Premise Site
- Login to your SharePoint Farm SharePoint 2019 On-Premise
- Open Windows PowerShell Shell as administrator
- Execute the following PowerShell commands:
4. That's it!
This article is for
- You are running ShortPoint SPFx package on SharePoint 2019 On-Premise
- If you are more comfortable typing PowerShell commands
Enable IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility
Scripting needs to read the mime information from the IIS configuration, and it is required to install the IIS 6 compatibility feature to support this functionality.
- You need to be a local administrator on the SharePoint Farm Servers to add Server Roles and Features
How to enable IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility with PowerShell for SharePoint 2019 On-Premise (Step by Step)
Step 1: Open Windows Management Shell
Open Windows Management Shell as an administrator
Step 2: Execute the following PowerShell commands:
How to enable IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility using Windows Server Manger
Step 1: Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
Step 2: In the top navigation pane, click Manage, then click Add Roles and features
Step 3: Click Next until you reach the Server Roles, In the Select Role Services pane, scroll down to the Web Server IIS section and click to select IIS 6 Management Compatibility and all its sub features
Step 4: Click Next, Next until you reach the confirmation screen
Step 5: In the Confirm Installations Selections pane, click Install.
Step 6: Click Close to exit the Add Role Services wizard.