Please note: this article is old and dedicated to ShortPoint versions that are currently outdated. Starting with ShortPoint SPFx 7.1.5.xx version (New Upgrade) and later, One-Click Upgrade is no longer supported. To know more about New Upgrade, please check these articles:
- ShortPoint SPFx New Upgrade for Office 365 and SharePoint 2019
- Tutorial: How to Upgrade to ShortPoint SPFx 7.1.5.xx Version (New Upgrade)?
This article will explain what ShortPoint One-Click Upgrade is in greater detail, as well as address the most frequently asked questions. If you are looking for a tutorial on how to do the One-Click Upgrade, please check this article: ShortPoint SPFx One-Click Upgrade (Office 365) Tutorial.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- When can One-Click Upgrade be launched? How do I know it is available?
- What are my actions? Do I need to download/install anything?
- Is it safe? Who can launch the One-Click Upgrade?
- Where are the upgrade files hosted?
- What impact on future upgrades does One-Click have?
When can One-Click Upgrade be launched? How do I know it is available?
And in Theme Builder while customizing the site:
What are my actions? Do I need to download/install anything?
Is it safe? Who can launch the One-Click Upgrade?
Where are the upgrade files hosted?
What impact on future upgrades does One-Click have?
after this upgrade, the app version number will change only in the ShortPoint Dashboard, but will remain the same in the App Catalog.