After reading this article, you will learn how to embed a simple PowerApps canvas application into your SharePoint Online (Office 365) page.
- ShortPoint SPFx is already installed on your SharePoint Online (Office 365) site.
- Your ShortPoint SPFx version is greater or equal to 126.96.36.199.
- ShortPoint User Account: Make sure you are logged in with your ShortPoint User Account.
- PowerApps License: You should have a PowerApps license associated with your Azure AD account.
- Permissions on the PowerApps application: Make sure that the PowerApps application is shared with you.
- The PowerApps App is a Canvas App: Currently, only Canvas Apps can be embedded on SharePoint Pages.
STEP 1: Insert PowerApps Element
Place the cursor into the desired space on your page and open the ShortPoint Page Builder. Choose PowerApps from the list of design elements. You will see the setting of the element opened.
STEP 2: Configure the PowerApps Application You Would Like to Embed
Insert the PowerApps ID of your application. To find out how to get the PowerApps ID, follow this article.
STEP 3: Select the Orientation of Your Application
In the Design section from the Settings tab, select one of the display options to correspond to your PowerApps orientation.
Follow this article to make sure you select the appropriate orientation for your embedded PowerApps application.
STEP 4: Save the page and switch to view mode
Here is what you will have as a result: