With the RSS Feeds connection type you can present the news or updates from the other sites on your site pages.
- You have ShortPoint version 6.3 or higher installed in your environment. Click here to check and download the latest available version of ShortPoint.
- You have a valid RSS feed URL/shortcut of the site you want to subscribe to.
Step 1: Add a ShortPoint Design Element
You can choose and add any ShortPoint Design Element you want. ShortPoint Design Elements can be easily added to your pages using ShortPoint Page Builder.
You can start with adding a ShortPoint web part to your page by clicking the plus sign and selecting ShortPoint from the list of the web parts.
1. Choose the Insert tab in the Ribbon.
2. Click the blue Insert button.
Then, select the chosen ShortPoint Design Element from your Page Builder menu. For the purposes of this article we are using ShortPoint Tickers.
Step 2: Connect your Design Element to the RSS Feeds
Switch to Connect tab and select the RSS Feeds connection option.
Enter the RSS Feed URL or site shortcut you would like to connect to into the RSS Feed URL field, and click Connect.
Wait for the connection to load. After it is connected, you will see the element interface light up with green, and prompted to go to the Items tab to do mapping:
Now the RSS Feed is connected. To complete the connection, we need to map the fields, as shown above.
Please proceed to the next step to do it.
Note: You will see data information in the Data Example field, if you have connected correctly.
Step 3: Map the Items
Switch to the Items tab.
Map the corresponding properties to display on your page. Click the chain icon and choose the option you would like to map from the drop-down.
Note: Available list content and format will depend on what is provided from the site you are connecting to.
In our example we just mapped the Title field with the Title content from the site and selected lightbox as a linking option.
Note: Check our ShortPoint Connect: Basic Tutorial for more information on how ShortPoint Connect works.
Step 4: Click Insert and save the page
You can click Preview button to check how it will be displayed on your page.
Then, click Insert and save the page.
Note: If you are editing the element not for the first time, instead of Insert you will see the Update button.
Here is a sample web part that uses ShortPoint Connect RSS Feeds option:
- ShortPoint RSS Feed Connections stopped working
- ShortPoint Connect: Basic Tutorial
- Connection Types: Getting started with SharePoint Site URL
- Connection Types: SharePoint Site URL
- Connection Types: Current Site
- Connection Types: Other Sites
- Connection Types: People in SharePoint Group
- Connection Types: People Search
- Connection Types: REST API
- Connection Types: Current User
- Connection Types: Web Service (XML)