The Yammer ShortPoint element is here as part of the new Social Media Elements Category in the ShortPoint Page Builder. Using this element, you can embed a Yammer feed into your Sharepoint pages.
You can find it by either clicking the Social category at the top or by typing "yammer" in the search bar.
Clicking on the Yammer design element will open its Settings tab allowing customizing various options.
Take a look at the demo page we have set up for this design element and see it in action by following this link.
- The Network Link can be extracted by going to your company's Yammer feed and copying the first part of the URL that comes after yammer.com/. It is required to be filled in.
- The Yammer Group ID is optional and allows the embedding of a single Feed using the Yammer element. It can also be extracted from the address bar URL by visiting the group that you want to embed.
- The Dark Theme option allows you to choose a high contrast, dark background color scheme for the embedded feed.
- The Custom Prompt input field allows you to change the default "What are you working on?" message and replace with a phrase of your choice.
- Hide Network Name - if this option is enabled, "Yammer Conversations" will be displayed instead of the embedded feed Network Name.
- Hide Header - if this option is enabled, the header will be completely hidden, even if you have disabled the Hide Network Name option.
- Hide Footer - if this option is enabled, the bottom footer bar will not be displayed.
Important: You will need to decode the base64 Group ID encoding to get the Group ID. You can use this base64 decoding page. Once you do it, you will get the ID number.
The following set of options control the size and responsiveness of this Social Media element.
The Width and Height options are pretty self-explanatory. The embedded element has some limitations imposed by Yammer, which are that the Width and Height have a minimum value of 400 pixels each. The default values for both Width and Height are set to 400 pixels the first time the Settings are opened. The element is responsive by default.
Special Note: Yammer only allows one embedded element to be included into one page, and the element is not officially supported by mobile browsers, so please take that into consideration.
We hope this article has been helpful for introducing you to the new Yammer Social Media element and showing you how easy it is to use. Happy embedding!