If you are trying to switch to ShortPoint New Upgrade for your SharePoint 2019 On-Premise environment, then this article is for you. This is the very first step that you need to accomplish in order to successfully upgrade your ShortPoint SPFx version and going through some basic steps in this article will help you achieve that.
NOTE: Here is where you can see how the ShortPoint SPFx New Upgrade for Office 365 and SharePoint 2019 work for your SharePoint sites and what it is for.
Let's get started!
Before we begin
- Make sure you have SharePoint 2019 On-Premise environment. If you are using Office 365, please check this article instead: Update Step 1: Upload New ShortPoint SPFx to Tenant App Catalog in Office 365 (New Upgrade).
- Make sure you have ShortPoint SPFx app installed on your SharePoint site/s.
- It is important that you already downloaded the latest SharePoint package in our Download the latest version of ShortPoint SPFx website, or you already downloaded the package suitable for your environment as a step 1 in the Tutorial: How to Upgrade to ShortPoint SPFx 7.1.5.xx version (New Upgrade) article.
Step 1: Go to Central Administration
From your SharePoint Server 2019 farm, open SharePoint 2019 Central Administration:
Step 2: Go to Manage App Catalog
Under Central Administration, click Apps (1). Then, in App Management, click Manage App Catalog (2):
Step 3: Open the App Catalog
In the Manage App Catalog page, click the URL under Site URL:
Step 4: Go to Apps for SharePoint library
A new page will come up after clicking the Site URL. You will be taken to the App Catalog page where you can select the Apps for SharePoint menu on the left side panel.
Step 5: Upload ShortPoint SPFx to App Catalog
If you haven't downloaded the latest version of ShortPoint SPFx or the required ShortPoint package to switch to the New Upgrade, you may check the Before we begin part of this article. But if you already have the ShortPoint package downloaded, you may extract the files inside it.
IMPORTANT: After extracting the downloaded ShortPoint package, you will find the shortpoint-spfx.sppkg file. Kindly save this file in your computer where you can easily locate it, as this is the file that we need to upload in the SharePoint App Catalog page.
After clicking Apps for SharePoint, you should see the existing ShortPoint version that you have. If you have extracted the downloaded ShortPoint package, please click Upload at the top:
NOTE: If you are upgrading from ShortPoint SPFx 220.127.116.11, please make sure to check this Important notice! Upgrade to latest ShortPoint SPFx from 18.104.22.168 (Office 365 and SharePoint 2019) article, as this will help you eliminate any issues that you may encounter from upgrading an old ShortPoint version to the latest.
A pop-up window will appear. Kindly click Browse:
Choose the shortpoint-spfx.sppkg (1) file. Then, click Open (2).
NOTE: It is important to select the.sppkg file, and not the folder that contains it.
Click OK to proceed with uploading the file package:
After the upload has been completed successfully, you will be prompted to deploy the solution. Press Deploy to enable ShortPoint to download the latest files from our global CDN d2zzvnmppezkx.cloudfront.net:
After this step has been completed, you will see a message on the top highlighted with green, indicating that the upload is successful.
IMPORTANT: Please make sure that you will see ShortPoint SPFx in Deployed status:
Next Step: Update ShortPoint SPFx on your SharePoint site
You are now done with the first part of this tutorial. You may proceed to the next phase by clicking the article below:
- Tutorial: How to Upgrade to ShortPoint SPFx 7.1.5xx version (New Upgrade)
- Update Step 1: Upload New ShortPoint SPFx to Tenant App Catalog in Office 365 (New Upgrade)
- Update Step 1: Upload New ShortPoint SPFx to App Catalog in SharePoint 2019 (New Upgrade)
- Update Step 2: Update ShortPoint SPFx on a SharePoint Site (New Upgrade)
- Update Step 3: Reinstall ShortPoint SPFx on a SharePoint Site (New Upgrade)
- Update Step 4: Upgrade ShortPoint SPFx for All Site Collections (New Upgrade)
- Use the App Catalog to make custom business apps available for your SharePoint Online environment
- What is ShortPoint SPFx New Upgrade for Office 365 and SharePoint 2019