Before we begin
- This article is for SharePoint 2019
- Download Latest version of ShortPoint SPFx
- Important: During the upgrade step, ShortPoint would stop working for Modern Pages until you finish steps in this article (nothing will be deleted though), so we recommend performing these steps during off hours.
Step 1: Go to Central Administration
From your SharePoint Server 2019 farm, open SharePoint 2019 Central Administration
Step 2: Go to Manage App Catalog
Navigate to Manage App Catalog page
From your Central Administration, Click on Apps -> Manage App Catalog
Step 3: Open app catalog
Click on the App Catalog Url
Step 4: Go to Apps for SharePoint library
In the next screen, on the side menu, choose Apps for SharePoint.
Step 5: Delete ShortPoint SPFx App
Delete ShortPoint SPFx existing app (shortpoint-spfx.sppkg)
Step 6: Download latest version of ShortPoint SPFx
- Download the latest version of ShortPoint SPFx
- Extract the file ShortPoint-SPFx_XXXX.zip
- You will find after extracting the file: shortpoint-spfx.sppkg
- Upload shortpoint-spfx.sppkg as described in the following step:
Step 7: Upload ShortPoint SPFx to App Catalog
In the pop-up, click Choose Files:
Click OK in the pop-up window:
After the upload is completed successfully, you will be prompted to deploy the solution.
Press Deploy. This will enable ShortPoint to download the latest files from our global CDN d2zzvnmppezkx.cloudfront.net:
After this step is completed, you will see a message on the top highlighted with green, indicated that the upload is completed successfully.