TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Before You Begin
- Required Permissions
- Step-by-Step Tutorial
- Congratulations, you have now successfully installed ShortPoint SPFx!
- Next Steps After You Have ShortPoint Installed
Before You Begin
- This article is for SharePoint 2019 Farm Server.
- Make sure you have completed the previous step, Installation Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx to Site Contents, before you proceed with this article.
- You need to be the Site Owner if you want to install ShortPoint on one site only.
- You need to be the Site Collection Administrator if you want to install ShortPoint on the entire site collection.
Step 1: Go to Site contents
To go to the Site Contents page, click the cogwheel in the top-right corner of the page.
Then, from the drop-down, select Site Contents.
Step 2: Click ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now!
On the Site Contents page, you will see these two files:
- ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now!
Click ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now! to go to the ShortPoint Dashboard.
Below is what it will look like in the Classic Experience:
And in the Modern Experience:
NOTE: ShortPoint SPFx and ShortPoint SPFx - Install Now! can take between 30 seconds to 10 minutes to appear. Reload the page or wait for a couple of minutes if you see dimmed (disabled) icons.
Step 3: Run ShortPoint SPFx Installation
On the ShortPoint Dashboard, choose Installation.
You will see two options on the Installation page:
- Site Collection Scope Installation: This allows you to install ShortPoint on all sites and subsites within the site collection. If it is disabled, it will only install ShortPoint on the current site.
- Install for Classic Pages: This allows you to install ShortPoint for both Classic and Modern ShortPoint pages. By default, this option is disabled because scripting capabilities must first be enabled. Make sure to enable scripting capabilities before you proceed with this option. Otherwise, you will receive an error.
Once you've chosen your installation preference, click Install.
Once installation is complete, a green pop-up will appear indicating that the installation was completed successfully.
Congratulations, you have now successfully installed ShortPoint SPFx!
Here is what you will see in the Site Contents after the installation is completed:
Now, you can use the ShortPoint App to make beautiful intranet sites. Enjoy! :)
Next Steps After You Have ShortPoint Installed
After the installation process, you must now Activate your license. You can also try the exercises below to help you get started with ShortPoint:
- Add your first ShortPoint Element on Modern SharePoint Page
- Add your first ShortPoint Element on Classic SharePoint Page
- Copy your first Awesome Page from the ShortPoint Demos Website. Try the magic!
- Prerequisite 1: Set up App Catalog
- Prerequisite 2: Enable Scripting Capabilities
- Prerequisite 3: Enable IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility
- Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint SPFx to Farm App Catalog
- Installation Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx to SharePoint Site
- Installation Step 3: Run ShortPoint Installation from Dashboard
- Activate ShortPoint SPFx License and Assign ShortPoint Users