If you tried installing ShortPoint from ShortPoint Dashboard and you received an error saying:
Scripting capabilities are not enabled on this site. Please enable scripting capabilities to install ShortPoint on Classic Pages. If you don't want to install ShortPoint on Classic Pages, please disable Install for Classic Pages and then run the installation again.
The error looks like this:
You are trying to install ShortPoint SPFx for both modern and classic pages. But scripting capabilities are not enabled on the site and it is required for ShortPoint SPFx to work on classic sites and pages.
Solution 1: Go with Modern Pages only
This option does not require enabling scripting capabilities. There are some really great features introduced in Modern SharePoint Framework, and we are sure you will love our Modern ShortPoint Experience too!
Important: With this option, you shall no longer be able to use ShortPoint on classic pages.
Solution 2: Go with both Classic and Modern Pages by Enabling Scripting Capabilities
Enabling Scripting Capabilities allows you to use ShortPoint on Classic Pages, too.
Please note that you need to wait 24 hours for this change to be applied across your environment.
So if you're not in a hurry and want to have ShortPoint everywhere, choose one of the tutorials below
- Enable Scripting Capabilities For SharePoint Online (Office 365)
- Enable Scripting Capabilities For SharePoint 2019 On-Premise
- ShortPoint SPFx Installation for Office 365 (First Time)
- Installation Prerequisite 2: Download and Extract the ShortPoint Installation File
- Installation Step 1: Upload ShortPoint SPFx to Tenant App Catalog in Office 365
- Installation Step 2: Add ShortPoint SPFx to SharePoint Site in Office 365
- Installation Step 3: Run ShortPoint Installation from Dashboard in Office 365
- What Is "Scripting Capabilities" and Why Is It Required for Using ShortPoint on Classic Pages?