In this article, we'll walk you through the process of adding ShortPoint web parts to a Modern Page.
Step 1. Add a ShortPoint Web Part into a New Modern Page
- First, let us add a new page. In your site, please click the cog wheel on the top of the page and choose Add a page:
- After the new Modern Page opens, click the + button in the top center of the page:
- You will see a list of available web parts to choose from. Click ShortPoint:
ShortPoint is not there!
If you do not see the app, it means it was not installed yet or installed improperly. If this happened, please:
- check our ShortPoint SPFx Installation Article - if you have never used Short Point before; or
- learn more in the Upgrade to ShortPoint SPFx article - if you were previously using ShortPoint Add-In for SharePoint Online.
- you will see a ShortPoint Section added to the page. Inside the section, there will already be a default Info element looking like this:
- To delete the Info element, press the cross as shown below:
- After this step, the section will become blank:
Step 2. Add a ShortPoint Element
- On the top of the web part, you will see ShortPoint Insert buttons: BLUE one for adding an Element, and WHITE one for adding a Section. Please press the blue one:
- You will see the Page Builder open. Please choose an element (in our example, we've chosen Note):
- In this example, we will create a title for the Note:
- ... and some sample content text. Please click Insert after you're ready with the changes:
- Here is what you will see after the Note is inserted:
Step 3. Save and Publish Your Page
- Please click the floppy disc icon to save your changes:
- Press the Publish button on the top right of your screen after everything is ready:
Done! Here is what the final result will look like: