This article is for you if you want to start using ShortPoint on Modern SharePoint Pages.
In this article, we'll walk you through the process of adding ShortPoint web parts to a Modern Page.
Step 1. Add a ShortPoint Web Part into a New Modern Page
- First, let us add a new Modern Page. In your site, please click the cog wheel on the top of the page and choose Add a page:
- After the new Modern Page opens, click the + button in the top center of the page:
- You will see a list of available web parts to choose from. Click ShortPoint:
ShortPoint is not there!
If you do not see the app, it means it was not installed yet or installed improperly. If this happened, please:
- check our ShortPoint SPFx Installation Article - if you have never used Short Point before; or
- learn more in the Upgrade to ShortPoint SPFx article - if you were previously using ShortPoint Add-In for SharePoint Online.
- you will see a ShortPoint Section added to the page. Inside the section, there will already be a default Info element looking like this:
- To delete the Info element, press the cross as shown below:
- After this step, the section will become blank:
Step 2. Add a ShortPoint Element
- On the top of the web part, you will see ShortPoint Insert buttons: BLUE one for adding an Element, and WHITE one for adding a Section. Please press the blue one:
- You will see the Page Builder open. Please choose an element (in our example, we've chosen Note):
- In this example, we will create a title for the Note:
- ... and some sample content text. Please click Insert after you're ready with the changes:
- Here is what you will see after the Note is inserted:
Step 3. Save and Publish Your Page
- Please click the floppy disc icon to save your changes:
- Press the Publish button on the top right of your screen after everything is ready:
Done! Here is what the final result will look like: