So, you've installed ShortPoint SPFx package for Modern SharePoint. Congratulations! In this article, we'll walk you through the process of adding ShortPoint web parts to a Modern Page.
Before we begin
Please make sure you updated the ShortPoint app to the latest SPFx version.
We will start from a blank Modern Page. A brief tutorial on how to create it lives here.
Step 1. Add a ShortPoint Web Part.
- On your Modern Page, click Edit in the top right corner.
- Click the + button in the top center of the page and choose ShortPoint.
- Immediately, you will see a ShortPoint web part embedded to the page. You will see a ShortPoint Section, a Row and a Column. If you have used ShortPoint before in Classic Pages, these layout elements will be familiar to you.
Step 2. Add a ShortPoint Element.
- On the top of the web part, you will see ShortPoint Insert buttons: BLUE one for adding an Element, and WHITE one for adding a Section. I will press the blue one and see the Page Builder open.
- From there, I've chosen an element (in our example, we went with a Note).
- I created a title for the Note and put some content into it.
- Then, I clicked Insert. This made the new element appear on the page.
- Add as many elements as you want. Everything, from the number and type of elements to design customization, is up to you.
Step 3. Publish Your Page.
- After you have finished adding the elements, press the Publish button on the top right of your screen.
Thank you for your attention!
For a collection of ShortPoint elements with examples of use, please visit our Demo Website.
To read other articles about ShortPoint SPFx, please navigate here.