Tired of counting elements in lists? Leave it to ShortPoint Counter Boxes!
With ShortPoint, you can present the number of items stored in a SharePoint list in a Counter Box element.
Connect the Counter Box to any SharePoint list or library, apply some easy REST API magic, and you will have the number of items presented in a stylish and comprehensive way right where you want it. And of course, the numbers will renew dynamically.
Here is an example of the expected result:
Part 1. Configure the REST API settings.
- Open the settings of an inserted Counter Boxes element;
- Switch to Connect tab;
- In the Select Connection Type field, choose REST API;
- In the REST API URL, paste the following URL (items highlighted with red require editing):
*yourtenantname.sharepoint.com - replace this with the tenant URL you are using. If the list you are connecting to is stored in the subsite, please add this information after a slash, for example: https://yourtenantname.sharepoint.com/subsitename
*yourlistname - replace this with the exact name of your list.
- Press Connect and wait until the button becomes red:
Part 2. Map the Items and Create a Title.
- Switch to the Items tab.
- Press the chain icon on the right of the Counter Number field and select ItemCount.
- Create a title for your countdown in the Counter Title field.
- Set up additional features, if required.
Press Update, save the page and enjoy the result:
Thank you for your attention!