If you want to show only events for the next N days in ShortPoint Design Elements, there are two ways you can do this.
We will provide steps for both options in this article.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Option 1: Set the Days Limit in the ShortPoint Connect tab
- Option 2: Create a new view in your SharePoint list
- You have ShortPoint SPFxinstalled on your SharePoint environment.
- You are a ShortPoint Designer with an active license.
- You have a SharePoint Calendar with upcoming events that you want to display on your intranet and you already inserted a Design Element that you want to connect to it.
Option 1: Set the Days Limit in the ShortPoint Connect tab
Most of the ShortPoint connection types allow you to limit the number of days or items that you want to show on your SharePoint page.
Click Get Started to go through the steps in the interactive tutorial.
Follow these steps to set the days limit in the ShortPoint Connect tab:
Step 1: Edit the ShortPoint Design Element
- Edit your SharePoint page.
- Select the ShortPoint web part and hit the pencil icon.
- Press Switch to Grid Mode in the Action toolbar.
- Navigate to the Design Element you want to edit and click the cogwheel icon to open its settings.
Step 2: Choose a connection type
- Go to the Connect tab.
- Choose the Connection Type according to the location of the SharePoint Calendar you want to use.
- Complete the required connect fields. (This varies depending on the connection type you select)
Step 3: Set the number of days to display
- In the Days limit field, set the next N (number) of days you want to display on your SharePoint page from your calendar.
Step 4: Connect and map items to display
- Hit the Connect button.
- Once connected, proceed to the Items tab.
- Map the information you want to display on your page.
Note: For more information about ShortPoint Connect and items mapping, please refer to our article ShortPoint Connect: Basic Tutorial.
Step 5: Update and save changes
- Click Update to apply the changes you made.
- Hit Save in the Action Toolbar
You have successfully edited your Design Element to show only content from your calendar in the designated number of days you set.
Option 2: Create a new view in your SharePoint list
You can also set the number of days to display from your SharePoint calendar list view. When you connect this to a ShortPoint Design Element, it will only pick up the content that is filtered in the view.
Go through this interactive tutorial to learn how to set the number of days to display through a new calendar view.
Here are the steps you can follow to set the new calendar view:
Step 1: Create a new view
- Open Events calendar.
- Go to the Calendar tab.
- Hit the Create view option.
- Choose All Events from the Start from an existing view section.
Step 2: Customize the view
- Name the new calendar view
- Scroll down to the filter section
- Select Show items only when the following is true radio button
- Add the following filter criteria:
- Use Start Time field and add criteria is greater than or equal to using special value: [Today]
- Use And condition to add one more condition
- Use Start Time field and add criteria is less than or equal to using value: [Today] + 5
- Save the new view by clicking OK at the end of the page.
Step 3: Connect ShortPoint Design Element to the calendar view
- Follow the steps outlined in Option 1
- In the Connect Tab, ensure that you select the new view from the View field
That's it, now your ShortPoint will show events only for the next N days.