Starting from ShortPoint SPFx version 8.2.2.x.xx, designers will get two shortcut buttons to the ShortPoint Dashboard and Theme Builder from the SharePoint command bar.
This makes access to other essential features in the ShortPoint Dashboard quicker and opens the ShortPoint Theme Builder interface faster than ever.
Check out what the experience looks like in this interactive demo.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Who has access to ShortPoint Shortcuts
- How to hide ShortPoint Shortcuts
- You have ShortPoint SPFx version 8.2.2.x.xx or higher installed on your Microsoft 365 or SharePoint 2019 environment.
- You are a ShortPoint Designer with an active license.
Who has access to ShortPoint Shortcuts
Only assigned ShortPoint Designers will be able to see the ShortPoint Dashboard and Theme Builder buttons on the command bar. Your users and other site editors who are not provisioned with ShortPoint licenses will not be able to see these shortcuts.
How to hide ShortPoint Shortcuts
If you do not want these shortcuts to show on your command bar, you can disable them by following these steps. You can follow these same steps if you wish to enable ShortPoint shortcuts after they have been disabled.
Hit Get Started to go through an interactive tutorial on how to disable the ShortPoint shortcuts.
These are the steps you need to take to disable the ShortPoint shortcuts on your command bar.
Step 1: Launch ShortPoint Theme Builder
There are now three options to launch ShortPoint Theme Builder
- If you have ShortPoint Shortcuts enabled, [Option 1] from the command bar, hit the Theme Builder shortcut, or [Option 2] from the command bar, click the Dashboard shortcut, select Theme Builder, choose between Classic or Modern page, and then hit Customize my site.
- If you have ShortPoint Shortcuts disabled, [Option 3] Go to SharePoint settings, enter Site Contents, select ShortPoint Dashboard, open Theme Builder, choose between Classic or Modern page, and press Customize my site.
Step 2: Navigate to the Header options
- In the Theme Builder window, go to Header.
- Select ShortPoint Shortcuts.
Step 3: Disable the ShortPoint shortcuts
- Slide the toggle on each of the ShortPoint shortcuts to disable them.
Step 4: Publish your changes
- Hit Publish to apply your changes when you are done.
You now know how to manage the ShortPoint shortcuts on your command bar. Check this feature out on your own SharePoint sites.