This article will discuss the Button Design Element including its basic functions and ways to design it.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is the Button Design Element?
- When is the Button Design Element Used?
- How to Design the Button Design Element?
- You have the latest ShortPoint public version installed for your environment
- You are a ShortPoint Designer with an active license
What is the Button Design Element?
The Button Design Element is an element found in the Page Builder. It allows ShortPoint Designers to facilitate user interaction on your page, directing users to other pages, forms, or content in and out of your SharePoint site.
When is the Button Design Element Used?
Here are some of the instances you can use the Button Design Element for your SharePoint pages:
- You can use it to encourage interaction on your page, giving you a way to enforce particular actions including visiting other pages, answering forms, etc. you want users to accomplish.
For example, we used buttons to encourage readers to learn more about our event and explore our blogs.
- You can use it to improve user experience, allowing you to direct users to resources that will add value to them as they browse through your page.
In the example below, we used buttons to direct users to other resources so that they can find additional information about the topic they are interested in.
- You can use it to create a clear user journey, avoiding any confusion that may take place because you are directly telling users what to do or where to go next.
In the sample below, we used buttons to clearly direct users to the actions they want to accomplish.
- You can use it to elevate the design of your SharePoint page. It has a wide selection of modern and practical button design styles that allows you to add unique elements to your page.
In the sample below, the button’s design included an airplane icon, adding a unique touch to usual button designs.
How to Design the Button Design Element?
There are many ways to design the Button Design Element. We have listed below a couple of ways to create a unique Button:
- Add a touch of color to your buttons
- Add subtitles and icons
- Customize size and width
NOTE: For more ways to design the Button Design Element, check out our Demos Library. From there, you can copy any template and paste it into your page.
- How to Customize the Button Design Element in Live Mode
- How to Customize the Button Design Element in Grid Mode
- How to Insert Design Elements in Live Mode